Podcast episode on Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisispants

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a podcast and we've just released an episode on beer. The podcast is basically a short light hearted look at various topics and trends, and its' Beer's turn!

It's not an in depth analysis on mashing techniques, more an amusing chat about Beer and it's influence on the world.

If you have 10 minutes up your sleeve I'd love if you could have a quick listen.

Here's the episode....

How Beer Invented Everything

Here's our website if you're at all interested....

www.whatsthataboutpodcast.com

Thanks!

You've got a nice well presented easy listening format with great clear diction. Looking at the show from a person who might not know anything about beer perspective (beer virgin), you've hit your target very well.

I like your question at the end of the show and I'd like to say: In childhood most young boys (and the odd girl) imagine themselves as a master mad scientist, when they grow up brewing beer ticks all the boxes. Researching what's required, building the equipment, setting up the infrastructure and power source your going to use (Dr Frankenstein used lightening :lol: ), testing your laboratory equipment, maintaining a secret alter ego that's going to secretly direct the line of funding towards necessary purchases you need to succeed (put plainly, so your wife doesn't catch you). Maintaining a secret alter ego that's going to secretly direct the line of funding towards unnecessary purchases you don't really need to succeed but want anyway (never let the wife catch you at this game, if she does you must do everything in your power to convince her it's a vital purchase you didn't want to make but had no choice!). Finally you have everything in place and you can create the perfect beer. It might only have cost you $5000 up to this point but it sure was worth it, now you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Hang on, a new one vessel brew system has just hit the market, but alas it's very expensive and well beyond your secret line of credit budget. Wait a mo, what's this? Someone has come up with a home built solution and you can knock one up yourself, I must build one. And come to think of it 5 minutes of cranking the grain mill by hand is a bit to time consuming, I definitely need to get an electric motor. Jeez them new stir plates are also a must have, and oh no, I'll have to stop brewing unless I get some of them fridge controllers. Is 3 fridges and a kegerator really the best setup, wouldn't a coldroom be the way to go, obviously that would mean building a purpose build brewery in the backyard to accommodate it, the kids don't play in the sandpit and swing set as much as they promised to do when I built so that'd be a perfect site ................ and .......................

So you see a Home Brewer Craft Brewer is in reality = The Ultimate Mad Scientist and The Ultimate Mad Scientist has to be a Craft Brewer, they truly are one and the same :D

Above I've focused only on the wife as being the one to channel secret funding around, this is because everyone else is free to do their own thing anyway, well, that's what they always tell me :lol:

I'll have a listen to your other shows for sure, good luck with them.

Thanks for listening!

You've basically summed up my life regarding brewing equipment and the skills of acquiring gear without letting my significant other find out!

Sounds like fun. I love a good podcast, so I'll download it as soon as I get home.

Claptrap sounds awesome. Is that available on iTunes?

Hey WSB, yeah, Claptrap was a lot of fun, and pretty nerve racking performing on stage at the end!

Yep, it's also on iTunes: Make sure to check the final performances on youtube if you make it through the season.

Latest posts

Back