• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Plate Heat Exchangers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so brissy brew - do you need 40 odd people for testing the unit..

If so, happy to do the SA Testing...will put it in the BBC Community All Grain Kit - that will give it a work out.

GMK yes you do need 50 odd for a sample. I actually find you normally need more with a lot of things. I can order a single sample from a factory however that only tells me what their sample quality is like. Of course they will go over the sample to make sure it is 100% ok. However if I then place an order for hundred or more and I then find out what quality control is really like. Only after a few hundred units can you work out what quality control is like. Sometimes you can harp on and see if they can improve quality control other times you need to factor in a percentage of duds into the equation.

I also find getting the unit out to a number of uses with different configurations is going to help me decide if the unit configuration is really sufficient. I could always over engineer but that normally results in a product which is over priced for normal working requirements.

Depending on the feedback I get, future models might be smaller, (less plates) or more bigger (more plates), longer or shorter wort flows, (unit length), vary the wort flow, eg the shirron uses a traditional multiple flow design, where as the therminator uses a cross over flow through design. Believe it or not there are about 10 different flow design configurations, all having pros and cons for specific applications.

so Brissy Brew...

Can the Barossa Brewers Club have a sample for testing...

Excuse my ignorace, but, what other equipment do you need to run a PHEexcanger?, I assume a march punp or similar to flwo the wort through the unit, but is there a refrigerant circuit , or do you immerse the unit is ice water or summat?

Great work Brisseybrew, you are revolutionising the aussie AG market.

As always I'm happy to help test a new toy :p

Doc

Doc said:
As always I'm happy to help test a new toy :p

Doc
[post="128208"][/post]​

Me too, I think one of these would work a treat on my single tier system. Well done BrissyBrew hope they perform well.

Cheers
Andrew

I'm more then happy to test for you! :D

But if not and they work well i'll buy one off you for sure.

sinkas said:
Excuse my ignorace, but, what other equipment do you need to run a PHEexcanger?, I assume a march punp or similar to flwo the wort through the unit, but is there a refrigerant circuit , or do you immerse the unit is ice water or summat?

Great work Brisseybrew, you are revolutionising the aussie AG market.
[post="128207"][/post]​

Case you just use it as a std counterflow chiller hooked up to tap water. A PHE should get as close to tap water temp as you will get so if your tap water is warm then you need to prechill. Saying that the last brew I did about 3 weeks ago I got sub 20C wort out of my tube in tube chiller.

I don't know about the pressure drop through the PHE but if its is not too severe you could possibly just work on a gravity setup. I know the therminator website shows this as an option. I guess we need to test some for Brissy brew to find out!

Brissybrew You can sign me up as a beta tester

For the first lot I will post on here when they are available it will me on a first in best dressed basis for getting one, except for two units which I personally (in person) promised people I would have one waiting. I will be getting more it is just for those that are in a hurry might miss out and have to wait a month or two for the next load.

Latest posts

Back