Plastic Conicals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick cost breakdown:

Tank - $260
SS valves, tube and compression fitting - $75
Fridge - $50
Dixell Temp Controller - $90
Misc steelwork $25

Bit of work to do yet...
Need to fit a tube through the roof of the fridge for an airlock outside. This will also be used to pump CO2 back into fermenter for beer transfer to kegs...

Asher for now

Looks great Asher, room in there for expansion to the brewery as well :eek:. Hope those wheels on the bottom of the fridge are strong.

Quick cost breakdown:

Tank - $260
Fridge - $50
Misc steelwork $25

Bit of work to do yet...
Need to fit a tube through the roof of the fridge for an airlock outside. This will also be used to pump CO2 back into fermenter for beer transfer to kegs...

Asher for now
Hey Asher,

Very nice job. Was looking at Rota Molding's prices and the 100L is listed as $306. Any reason why yours was $206?

Whoops meant $260

Quick cost breakdown:

Tank - $260
Fridge - $50
Misc steelwork $25

Temple where fellow HB'ers can come and worship - Priceless

Great stuff :beerbang:

Creative work on the door shaping. How does the hanging rack stick to the fermenter?

as AHB members, I think it's our duty to source these in each state and territory of our wide brown land with some green bits, girt by sea. :beer:

what's the cheapest manufacturer in a heap of locations to save on freight. thanks to Asher i've found my 2007 project :eek:

Like GL said, how do you get the hanging rack on to the fermenter?

The tank comes with brass threads (three on each side) moulded into the cylinder wall so it can be mounted onto a frame. The tank itself is about 8mm thick plastic. Inside the tank there are smooth lumps where the brass threads are. so no problems sterilising or cleaning
plasticCCV_002.jpg

Was looking at Rota Molding's prices and the 100L is listed as $306
I was expecting to pay that price but the dude only wanted $260 for a cash sale. Still got an invoice and that price included GST ....

Asher for now

great work Asher - very impressive!!!

Do you ever just sit around and watch telly or drink beer?

Commissioning....
Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale
IMG_1444.jpg

One word .....
SWEET

top job Asher.

Doc

Asher, that looks fantastic.

Why is it only half full? Such a nice beer, sooo much room. Fill it up, fill it up :lol: .

Cheers
Andrew

Bloody noice!

Missed the 1 Jan post.

Even better to see it working away.

cheers
johnno

Whats keeping it supported in the fridge Ash? Cant see any stand/supports. And yeah fill it up, half full = half empty.

Cheers.

Tank has brass threads cast into plastic to attach to any frame.... I welded up a couple of plates with 3 cleats on each side and bolted to the tank. These match the old fridge shelving slots - So it just slots in c/w minor height adjustments ;)

Asher

So who is organising the QLD bulk buy?!

M

Here's one for you Batz... :)
Cheers Ross

Was there any movement on a bulk buy for these babies... looks like a nice option, especially considering the size.

Cheers, Pok

finally... My 100 litre plastic cylindroconical tank (will only use it for 60l though)

View attachment 10715

SS 3piece valves & rotatable racking tube
temp controlled fridge - its a tight fit... Welded up some brackes so the tank just slides in where the old shelving was

Asher for now

Asher, do you know the model and size of that fridge? I have a 210L that looks exactly the same...

Back