PID Programming Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
thats the info that will get me there easily.
now just to change the program slightly and do another auto tune and ill go from there.
How long does an auto tune take?

I tried auto-tuning, but in my setup, it just screwed things up, so I took Adr_0's advice, and manually tuned. Pretty good now, with temp being held within a 0.3C band at the probe. So in the mash-tun, it evens out beautifully.

an hour or so but i set then walk away.
its more about getting a base line to then tweak from.

Thanks Adr_0 I am greatfull that we have an electronics wizard like yourself on this site . I have approx 5mt of copper coil in my 7.5lt pot and am heating it with a 2400W immersion heater . The question is ,I have a difference between the liquid out into the mash tun @ 67.7* it is 1* under the SV and the difference increases as I raise the temp higher at 87.7* it reads 84.6* . Is there a way of decreasing that difference ? I have an rkc CD101 .

Just recently purchased a new PID from Inkbird thought my old PID was going haywire , set up the new PID and it was doing a similar thing to my old PID turned out it was the temp sensor was playing up .Slaps hand on forehead .

Just recently purchased a new PID from Inkbird thought my old PID was going haywire , set up the new PID and it was doing a similar thing to my old PID turned out it was the temp sensor was playing up .Slaps hand on forehead .

Hey Hermies, wondering if I have the same issue. The SYL-2352 PID on my boil kettle shows temp sensor dropping in and out, and eventually goes loopy, flashing all sorts of numbers before freezing. Comes back after being powered down a while. Is that anything like you saw?

Cheers,

David

Hey Hermies, wondering if I have the same issue. The SYL-2352 PID on my boil kettle shows temp sensor dropping in and out, and eventually goes loopy, flashing all sorts of numbers before freezing. Comes back after being powered down a while. Is that anything like you saw?

Cheers,

David
Same problem

Latest posts

Back