Pics Of My No Dig Garden

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chooks love veg so no-no for them to be in an active growing garden bed.

My secret weapon in fact to get them in the chook house is lettuce, they go crazy for it. If its late but still light out and I want to lock them in the a piece of lettuce walked to the hen house gets them following like no tomorrow and rush inside to devour it.

yah fkn what?!! :eek: 20m3 of horse crap! wow. some of it was from chappo wasnt it :lol:

that's heaps. How did you transport that much? and did they charge you for it?

Free, free, free! Well that's if you don't include the time and petrol to drive there and back multiple times filling the trailer with crap and then unloading at the other end LOL

I've literally shovelled heaps of shit over the last few months LOL

And lots more shovelling shit to come to get to where I want to be!

hmmm not sure what to do about the chickens. maybe putting up some sections of 'chicken wire' around the garden beds to keep them out. say 1 m high on top of a 40cm high raised garden bed. should keep them off. a bit ugly though. hmmm will think some more about the chooks.

re horse poo. might have to do a bit of reseach and see if there are some stables or the like around me. there are a few places around donvale/park orchards etc that have horses on their properties. might drop a note into their letter box offering to take their horse crap.

bugger. i forgot to upload the photos of the gardens again. soon. i promise.

pics are up - linky

the pics have been loaded up in a weird order though.
1 massive bed which will serve as 2 beds and then 2 big seperate beds all for veg etc
and an additional 2 smaller raised beds near the gate for whatever.

along the fence will be fruit trees.

and as i said before. soil etc still to go in.

oh and pathways are dromana topping.

Back