Pics Of My Newly Fab'd Fermenting Fridge Shelves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
When I first got my fermenting fridge I had a similar problem as most, the standard shelves are too flimsy.

So I thought a good strong idea would be to get a coupla shelves made up outta the same stuff as the amplimesh security screens.
I got a quote and it was $140
There was no way I was forking out $140 to put shelves in a fridge that only cost me $50.

So I just doubled up shelves where I could and put bit of wood under others.

That was until I went to an aluminium supply place the other day a priced the channel and joiners to make my own.

It was around $35 all up for 6m of channel and 8 joiners.
I already had an old screen door I got of a bloke at work.
The channel is around 10mm, which was a snug fit where the old shelf used to go.

So for $35 and a few rivets, I already had, I came up with these. (Pics also contain my two latest AG creations transferred from cube to fermenter tonight to christen my new shelves)

med_gallery_7556_294_386670.jpg

med_gallery_7556_294_276144.jpg

med_gallery_7556_294_223706.jpg

Looks the goods mate,

My fridge has a brick, with a plank of wood on top :icon_cheers:

Sadly stuck with just one fermenter with a tonne of space above it where a second could be sitting.

Marlow

This may be a really stupid question, but what are the blue things on your fermenter taps? Some sort of hygienic seal system? Or am I misinterpreting the photo???

This may be a really stupid question, but what are the blue things on your fermenter taps? Some sort of hygienic seal system? Or am I misinterpreting the photo???

They look like milk bottle lids to catch any drips.

They are plastic caps we use at work to cap hydraulic hose once we cut it

I *cough* bought a couple to use to catch the drips if I get the occasional leaking tap ( as mentioned by a coupla posters)

very nice, a lot better than my 2 shelves dropped ontop of each other idea.

QldKev

They are plastic caps we use at work to cap hydraulic hose once we cut it

I *cough* bought a couple to use to catch the drips if I get the occasional leaking tap ( as mentioned by a coupla posters)

Also noted the 'bottle cap airlock'

The ants up here carry crowbars and scuba gear :icon_offtopic:

Back