Pet Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jivesucka

Reaction score
i found out just now i'm doing it totally wrong. been collecting PET bottles like a madman, and was really indiscriminate with the types of bottles. someone told me in the last few hours that PET bottles are fine but only the ones used for storing carbonated drinks. AHHhhhh! goddamnit got so many in normal spring water bottles and also some lipton iced tea bottles. wondering why they looked so bloated.
so i am on a massive drinking mission to drink them all before they explode! works out well because by the time i get to the pub i am already fully tanked.
anyone in the eastern suburbs of sydney want some free cider and beer? it's up for grabs
ffs, use bottles that only had soft drink in them. the sides will split and will cause a mess!

Oh no, jivesucka!

That's kinda funny though. I imagine you're hunched over a bunch of iced tea bottles filled with booze and you have to skull it all or there's going to be a massive mess.

Good luck on your drinking mission soldier. :mellow:

Edit: dear isn't the word tea

also coopers are stingy bastards. lemme explain, 15x750ml bottles is half a brew, you need 2 of these boxes, or be a tightarse and use some 1.5L coke bottles, but i'd prefer the 750ml option.

I find the 1.25 bottles to be just about right for beer. The Schweppes ones are faultless (I have some from 2003 that are still fine). I decant one into another - and there's about three schooners in one - and it's good in the fridge for hours.

It's only very occasionally that I feel like less than three schooners.

It's also easy to work out (me got small brain) how many to use for a brew because 4 of them = 5L.

Most importantly ... keep them in a dark place and bottling in clear is not an issue.

If $$ are an issue, the ALDI 1.25L bottles (lemonade, sparkling mineral water etc) are good at 89 cents. Another option, if you are a 'session' drinker, is the 2L ALDI cola bottle at 99c, you can whack up an entire brew in just 12 bottles, and store them in the boxes as well. Serve in a 3L jug.

Recycled BribieG photo: :ph34r:

in_the_bottle.jpg

Remember, if using clear PET to store in the dark to avoid skunking the beer.

Latest posts

Back