Perth / Sydney Trip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss brew

Reaction score
Well, we arrive in Perth on Friday and I just want to say thanks for all the info and invites that you've all tossed our way. We're getting together with homebrewers in both cities, and hope to try a bunch of local beers as well! I'm bringing some Black IPA + Oktoberfest (that I've recapped in commercial bottles), so it will be great to share.

Cheers :icon_cheers:
Dave

What?! Where are these meetings?!? I'd like to be there!

I found two on google maps in Perth but I don't think they're the same meets.

Pity boss wasn't around for lunchtime. Would have liked a reason to duck out for a pint somewhere. Luckily work are putting on a few drinks today.... 65mins to go and counting...

Well, we're heading off to Fremantle for the day to go to both Little Creatures and Sail+Anchor. One for lunch, one dinner. Call me if you wish, our temporary mobile is 0416 604 267

Dave

Well, we spent time at both pubs, and I must say that while both places were very good, Little Creatures has the best beer so far. The American Brown was nice and hoppy, and the Pilsner was top notch. Also tried Rogers, Bright and Pale Ale, which were also excellent. At the Sail+Anchor, we enjoyed the IPA, Brass Monkey Stout and Smoked Porter, but we were a little disapointed with the Double IPA. Maybe we'd had too much at that point. Now we're off to set up the booth, and then to relax for a bit before tonight's exhibition dinner.

Cheers!
Dave

Hope your enjoying the weather Dave, nice and sunny during the day.Glad to see your trying to visit lots of different breweries, keep up the good work.lol

Andrew

Well Churchy, It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Of course for the next few days, we're stuck in the trade show all day.

Cheers,
Dave

No... but a short walk up the road and there's plenty! If you are having any breaks let us know, there's a few of us working in the city which could meet for a beer.

Not much chance I'm afraid. We go to a dinner/evening event right after the show. Tomorrow + Wednesday, repeat, repeat!

Cheers!

Hi Dave

Hope you enjoyed your Tuesday night with the Hills Brewers Guild.
I really enjoied your black IPA. Could you please send me the recipe.
Ill send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers

Gregor (I was sitting directly opposite Mia)

Hi Dave

Hope you enjoyed your Tuesday night with the Hills Brewers Guild.
I really enjoied your black IPA. Could you please send me the recipe.
Ill send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers

Gregor (I was sitting directly opposite Mia)
+1, The black IPA was awesome.
Good luck getting the Nelson Sauvin back into the US.

Hey Gregor + Pete,
We had a great time with you blokes (that Australian for "guys"...). Good food, good beer and lots of brew talk. We had a great time in Sydney (and Perth - thanks homekegger1!), and are sad to be heading home on Friday. I'll post the recipe for the Black IPA when I get back, and let you know how the Nelson Savin hops work out (thanks Pete!). I'm thinking about a simple malt bill with the Nelsons as late hop and dry hop. Not ready to switch to BIAB yet, but I now can explain it to my Beer buddies.

Thanks again,
Dave (+Mia)

Hey Gregor + Pete,
We had a great time with you blokes (that Australian for "guys"...). Good food, good beer and lots of brew talk. We had a great time in Sydney (and Perth - thanks homekegger1!), and are sad to be heading home on Friday. I'll post the recipe for the Black IPA when I get back, and let you know how the Nelson Savin hops work out (thanks Pete!). I'm thinking about a simple malt bill with the Nelsons as late hop and dry hop. Not ready to switch to BIAB yet, but I now can explain it to my Beer buddies.

Thanks again,
Dave (+Mia)
I've actually only used it once before in an Aussie Pale Ale kit (it was great fresh), so check in the flavour of the week threads for uses & amounts.
Thanks for the cool bottle opener too!

I've actually only used it once before in an Aussie Pale Ale kit (it was great fresh), so check in the flavour of the week threads for uses & amounts.
Thanks for the cool bottle opener too!

You got a bottle opener... Damn you...

I agree the Black IPA was very very nice.

Dave I hope you had great time and have many a memory to cherish. (BTW Where's my bottle opener. Just kidding)

Cheers HK

Hey HK,
Had a great time with you and the family. Send me a PM with your address, and I'll send you an opener...I just forgot!

Cheers,
Dave (+Mia)

Did you get the longnecks back successfully? Or was it straight to the hotel barfridge? :icon_cheers:

Back