Perth Gathering - January

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I will start PM'ing ppl tomorrow so far looks like:

Goat
Asher
BigAl?
Captn Sensible (Lurker)
Deebee
Barfridge
Hoops (already PM'd)
Chatty (Already PM'd)

If you don't hear from me then PM me. If you are a slack ******* and haven't replied to the thread then now is your chance.

The plan for the brew after todays drinks is to bring 500g of a malt of your choice and we will brew with what shows up :eek:. Post what you are bringing so we can keep track of where we are at for the sake of producing a drinkable beer (I don't know that 500g of roast will promote diversity!). I will provide the hops but feel free to throw in suggestions.

Also vote for a yeast, I have:

1272 - American Ale II
1098 - British Ale Yeast
1968 - London ESB
1028 - London Ale
2308 - Munich Lager
3068 - Weihenstephan Weizen
3944 - Belgian Witbier

I will nominate 500g of munich to kick it off.

Jason

Hoops said:
JasonY said:
Did you drag kegs all the way over here! Serious stuff :eek:
Yep, they are all now "ute conditioned" which consists of 1 week in the back of the ute at room temp driving across Australia.
I have 18L oatmeal stout, 15L GTR lager, 10L corona clone and 15L Pale Ale.
:chug:
A legend , want to drive them a little bit further?

It's only 1700 km?.....Come on visit Batz Brewery

Batz :ph34r:

Jason - add Ant to the PM list, he said he thought he could make it Saturday.

I'm bringing 500g of Marris Otter. Beer stocks are limited so for sampling it will be an oatmeal stout and an ordinary bitter.

Come on other Perth guys - Vlad - Vlads Mum - Tony - DAB - must be others. These days are always good fun, you can talk beer, drink beer, think beer, make beer, without everyone around you telling you to shut the flocc up.

Ok PMs sent to:

Goat
Asher
BigAl
Captn Sensible (Lurker)
Deebee
Barfridge
Ant
Ausdb

if you didn't get one then I have stuffed it up, let me know. Hoops & Chatty should already have the details I hope :)

Oh and the 500g of grain thing isn't compulsory (especially for the out of states visitors!) I will make up the remainder of the grain bill on top of what ppl bring along. See you all on Saturday.

Jason

I've got a family bbq on that afternoon so won't be able to make it.
What time do you intend kicking off, as I might be able to make a passing visit on the way through from work.

Will be mashing in about 12pm - 12:30pm. Let me know if you think you will make it.

Sent you a PM vlad, hope to see you there.

I was only joking on Sunday but after driving to Mandurah today Atwell really is Nth Mandurah!

Don't count me in fellas. I will see how the week pans out but not looking too crash hot right now.

Hoops said:
I was only joking on Sunday but after driving to Mandurah today Atwell really is Nth Mandurah!
Bah Mandurah is bloody miles away :)

[/QUOTE]Come on other Perth guys - Vlad - Vlads Mum - Tony - DAB - must be others. These days are always good fun, you can talk beer, drink beer, think beer, make beer, without everyone around you telling you to shut the flocc up.
GL, Just picked up your plea.
Am seriously tied up with inlaws this weekend and 38 years of marriage has taught me that to sneak out of camp on such an occasion would bring down the wrath of most gods known to man.

Guest Lurker- Mum is crossing the Andes by frog as we speak, so I should be safe for an hour or so.

I have the following malts in stock, which one should I bring:
maris otter
hoepfner pilsner
chocolate
black patent
melanoidin
caramalt
carapils

Hmm I am getting a bit worried about trying to put together a recipe from all these parcels of grain :eek:. I have quite a bit of grain so I am not that sure we need to go to all this trouble.

What do you all think, kill the grain idea?

Thinking the Munich Lager yeast will be the go, will fire it up tomorrow. In that vein it will be a lager no matter what grain we wind up using?

OK, seems silly me dragging 500 g of Marris Otter down there when you have a sack of it. From the other brew days it can also be a bit of a hassle waiting for everyone to turn up before cranking the grain mill.

Agree Jason...

You formulate the recipe.... I'll help drink it!!

Asher for now

Ok then I will take two votes as a majority :p don't worry about bringing grain!

Yep, you might be right there Jason. It was a nice idea but a bit of a PITA in reality

I personally like the idea of bringing a bottle of something interesting from the IBS as a bit of a token

Well I have built a CFWC & new boiler to break in on saturday so that should make for a small disaster of sorts :) Should be ok I hope except it is going to be tricky to find out the temp of the boiler in its current setup :(

Anyone know a place that sells cheap bulkhead temp probes?

Latest posts

Back