Perth: Craft beer and Food pairing... interests?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the idea's pretty simple...

You brew a beer and then you make something that complements or contrasts the beer (Bonus points if the food contains hops/ grains/ malt/ brewing yeast). Bring along enough so everyone can compare each others beer and food.

I am able to book out "The House" at the SASA in Swanbourne (as my Dad is the President and run the place) We have access to all the facilities like the massive fridges/ kitchens / drinking and eating devices.

Obviously no dates/ times book, just wanting to know if this is something people would be keen to partake in?

Cheers,

Bambi

Nev, I have learnt alot in my short time on this earth. You should know that people fear what they do not understand but it is also basic human instincts to reject anything that doesn't contain some form of meat...

I suggest adding bacon instead of tofu. Only then will you get the acceptance and praise that you're seeking

Swanbourne train station would be the closest. I wouldn't advise sleeping there. It's super cold being wooden floors and all.

Man, tofu is gross.

hahaha is it kind of like Bubble-T? Instead of tea you have ale and instead of little balls of jelly you have little squares of tofu floating in it? Because yes I would try that!

Lol no-one wants that tofu Nev. It's best to say meat is so mega swill and mainstream and tofu is like craft beer and alternative. Hop dusted tofu?

I like my meat and vege as much as the next guy but in Nev's defense, baked tofu goes orright with Tandori

Miso soup is gd with tofu.If you like spicey stuff try Ma Po Dofu,pork mince,tofu,spring onions, black bean paste,sichuan pepper and chillies served on rice.Damn fine with a pale ale or kolsch.

Mapo-Dofu.jpg

Nev, your tofu at the case swap rocked! Seriously.

Though I did feel pasty, weak and anaemic the next day.

Also, Bambi, if Nev gets off at Swanbourne, he will probably by-pass the venue and head straight for the beach.

jyo said:
Nev, your tofu at the case swap rocked! Seriously.

Though I did feel pasty, weak and anaemic the next day.

Also, Bambi, if Nev gets off at Swanbourne, he will probably by-pass the venue and head straight for the beach.
Dont like sand in my budgie smugglers or my food.
Tofu rocks jyo. I think tofu Tom Yum tonight !
Nev

Nev's caseswap tofu was awesome but let's not forget who brought dish of the day!

I'm in

its been a fair while since anyone did anything interesting in WA< (Except nevs excellent case swap)

now what to pair with an infected, stale, oxidized and undercarbed Wheat IIPA?

Latest posts

Back