Perlick Taps Will Not Fit!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just received my Perlick 525's from the US and they will not fit my shanks on a keg king kegerator. The existing spring that pushes back the handle is too short and the thread that holds the tap on is different.I have sent an email to the tap supplier to see if they have them....but in the meantime, anyone had this problem and know where i can get the correct shanks to fit the perlicks.

Cheers

I always bought the shanks with the taps. I am sure site sponsors will have them but its cheaper in the US and the postage usually is the same with or without the shanks so sending them with the taps is a no brainer. You will have to see what they will be or what the site sponsors are. Not sure if there is a adapter but that maybe a bit ugly and more crap to clean lol

At least one of the site sponsors sell Perlicks. That would be a place to start. Your tap supplier is likely to sell shanks as well. Like Kelby, I purchased shanks with the taps. I had one of the cheap Chinese fonts so I decided to replace the taps and shanks. I wanted the shanks as well as the taps to be stainless.

I am Assuming these taps need the spring to click back the handle, don't laugh too loud?

I am Assuming these taps need the spring to click back the handle, don't laugh too loud?
Quite a valid question. No laughing necessary.

I've just installed 3 Perlicks in my font, and didn't put springs in. They seal fine, but it would be nice to have them automatically seal, especially when less beer-savy friends pour themselves a drink.

I had to replace the KK shank I bought with one from one of the site sponsors. The thread was of such poor quality that I simply could not get it to seat.

Quite a valid question. No laughing necessary.

I've just installed 3 Perlicks in my font, and didn't put springs in. They seal fine, but it would be nice to have them automatically seal, especially when less beer-savy friends pour themselves a drink.

I had to replace the KK shank I bought with one from one of the site sponsors. The thread was of such poor quality that I simply could not get it to seat.
Can you recall from which sponsor you bought the shank from?

He got it from Craftbrewer. Ross sorted him out. A happy camper was WarmBeer!

Hmm my perlicks dont have a spring

No mine did not come with a spring as well. I just thought you needed it to push the handle back. Anyhow i removed the spring and the washer that came on the perlick (the shank already had a washer on it) held it in tight and thread just started and used wrench and got it on and all is good.
NOW! I assume you dont use a spring with the perlicks? Do you simply just push the handle back?
Cheers

In short, f&$k the spring off.

Align the tap and twist the shank thread. It will fit.

Do our lives HAVE to be automated? Just push the handle back. Case closed.

In short, f&$k the spring off.

Align the tap and twist the shank thread. It will fit.

Do our lives HAVE to be automated? Just push the handle back. Case closed.

Gotcha Dude, done, works, am a happy camper..... Will now get some sleep tonight!

the perlicks dont have a spring as they are foward sealing so the pressure hold the ball against the seal. I have never used any other taps so not sure how they are set up.

Back