Perlick 650 parts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev R

Reaction score
Could anyone direct me to someone who supplies a complete seal kit for a Perlicks 650 flow control faucet?

Try Hoppydays.com search kegging equipment a service kit is$10,Bracton are the supplier of Perlick taps and repair kits.

Ok got my seal kit. Thought my taps were Perlicks 650 SS.flow control. The main seal in the kit is smaller than the seal in my tap. The taps look the same as 650 ss they are definitely stainless (not chrome brass) and 99.9% sure they genuine. They have patent and batch #.
Anyone have any ideas what model they might be? They are 3 maybe 4 years old.

Gday Kev,
I know perlick has series of perlick flow control type taps,not 100% sure might be series 5 (older type).Bracton are the supplier of these taps and parts
they have a website with a catalogue but it may be worth a call.A mate who bought an older type perlick had this problem with the main o-ring seal in the body was
leaking and the modern o ring kit was not the same size and the P etched on the tap was slightly different,not sure how he purchased from Bracton.

Ok got my seal kit. Thought my taps were Perlicks 650 SS.flow control. The main seal in the kit is smaller than the seal in my tap. The taps look the same as 650 ss they are definitely stainless (not chrome brass) and 99.9% sure they genuine. They have patent and batch #.
Anyone have any ideas what model they might be? They are 3 maybe 4 years old.

can you post a pic? ive noticed some perlicks have a difference P stamped on the spout.

Attachments

• Perlick.jpg
    Perlick.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
Thanks
Turned out the new seal is the correct one and the original was to big. The front seal is meant to be a floating o ring. The o ring grove is small enough to retain the o ring but large enough so the o ring can move around.
Other info some one mite find useful for identifying taps. The 5 series have a scroll like P etched on the tap. The 6 series has a plain P stamped on the tap as well as the angle of the spout being closer to 90 deg.
The Perlics fact sheet shows the same part number for the front seal for all 6 series taps.

Ahh so thats the reason for the different P stamp cheers.

i have 2 perlick 650s i originally purchased and one i bought later on, i dont think ive noticed that my original ones are floating? they are about 3 years old. perhaps they are the wrong ones? what issue were you finding with the original o-rings?

A tap that wasn't used for a while seal dried out and developed little cracks causing dripping.
The originals weren't floating and are 18mm dia. Replacements are 16mm dia. Some digging around the net turned up some posts referring to the seal floating because the ball travels in a slight arc.
Just fitted the kit and it works fine.

Latest posts

Back