Peas_and_corn On The Gold Coast!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm going to be on the Gold Coast from the 20th to the 26th later this month. to be more accurate, I'll be in Surfer's Paradise, really. Anyways I'm thinking of organising a get together thing for the 25th, last night over. SO... good bars? Who will be coming?

Cheers,
Dave

Not sure if i will be able to catch up with you dave,
i think i have some friends staying over that weekend for my daughters biffy.
Hopefully someof the locals might be able to shed some light on some Gold Coast Beer related Hot spots.. :huh:

Sqyre... ;)

I'm right in Surfers here, at the end of Cavil Ave. A couple of options:

There's a few "Irish" bars around Surfers, so you'll get the usual Kilkenny/Guinness and maybe the odd special.

If you're in to German Beers, Bavarian Haus has a great selection, and they're on the west end of Cavil Ave. Here's their beer menu:
http://www.bavarianhaus.com.au/beveragesmenu.html
Surprisingly, I've yet to visit this place! I will very soon.

If you walk 10 minutes south straight down the Gold Coast Highway, you'll end up at the "Pink Poodle". Great selection of Belgian beers and awesome food too. They have Chimay Blanche on tap, a couple of Grimbergen beers on tap, and the usual Hoegarten etc on tap. Tons of stuff in bottles, full page beer menu type of deal. Definitely recommend the place. Their website is below, but note that the beer and food menus are out of date.
http://pinkpoodle.com.au/

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Trev

I've tried. It's never bloody open :rolleyes:

Strange, every time we've walked by it's open :)

Any other suggestions for good beer locations on the Goldy?

Are Bavarian Haus and the Pink Poodle our only good beer destinations on the Gold Coast? Surely there must be more. <_<

Get out of Surfer's!!!

Go to Burleigh Brewing!!!

It's probably not open on the 25th!!!

But go there anyway!!!

It's great!!!

Kev!!!

I'm right in Surfers here, at the end of Cavil Ave. A couple of options:

There's a few "Irish" bars around Surfers, so you'll get the usual Kilkenny/Guinness and maybe the odd special.

If you're in to German Beers, Bavarian Haus has a great selection, and they're on the west end of Cavil Ave. Here's their beer menu:
http://www.bavarianhaus.com.au/beveragesmenu.html
Surprisingly, I've yet to visit this place! I will very soon.

If you walk 10 minutes south straight down the Gold Coast Highway, you'll end up at the "Pink Poodle". Great selection of Belgian beers and awesome food too. They have Chimay Blanche on tap, a couple of Grimbergen beers on tap, and the usual Hoegarten etc on tap. Tons of stuff in bottles, full page beer menu type of deal. Definitely recommend the place. Their website is below, but note that the beer and food menus are out of date.
http://pinkpoodle.com.au/

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Trev

I've been told that the pink poodle is a good place to go- so maybe go there for the night?

Get out of Surfer's!!!

Go to Burleigh Brewing!!!

It's probably not open on the 25th!!!

But go there anyway!!!

It's great!!!

Kev!!!

I will!!!!!

I just want a place near my hotel!!!!

I love exclamation points as much as you!!!!

:p

Yeah, Burleigh brewing is nice. They're generally only open on Saturday, and the first Friday of each month. Their Pale Ale is very much an APA, and tastes fantastic.

I went on a great informal tour of the brewery the last time I was there :) Nice selection of 9000L conical fermenters!

Anyways I'm jetting off tomorrow, and I doubt I'll be bothering to go online between now and the night. So if anyone wants to go to the pink poodle on friday night, I'll be there with the missus at around 8pm.

Cheers,
Dave

Anyways I'm jetting off tomorrow, and I doubt I'll be bothering to go online between now and the night. So if anyone wants to go to the pink poodle on friday night, I'll be there with the missus at around 8pm.

Cheers,
Dave

Have a good one Dave!!!!
Sorry i cant make it..

Sqyre..

Latest posts

Back