Patry Keg Update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno02

Reaction score
Hi All,

After following the thread re Bunnings Garden Sprayer,as a Party Keg,

I Would like to thank ALL,involved,in its conception.

I used ours tonight for the 1st time,at our Youngest Grandaughters 9th Birthday party.

What,an Incredibly,Brilliant,Simple Idea.

This thing works Like a Charm,Absolutely Awesome.

I Hopefully,have included a Pic,of my Setup.

The Co2,is provided via an OLD Sodastream 101,with the "NEW" type, Sodastream bottle fitted.

I have fitted a Car Pressure gauge,inline,to a Schrader valve,on the Party Keg.

The CO2 control,is by an 0ld Video Head removal tool,(Ex,Electronics Tech),
IE,allows gentle pressures,rather than full blast.

I think the Pic,Explains all.

Regards.
John

My_Bunnings_Party_Keg.JPG

Mine have worked out beautifully too. Enjoyed a few pints of my latest bitter last night, fresh from the Roundup keg. :beer:

I love the way everybody takes this idea, grasps the basic concept, then customises it depending on how 'handy' they are and what gear they have or can get hold of. Mine are even a bit more basic than this, but it works for me. I'm actually going to put another one together today. Bottling sucks!!

I've got one in the fridge at the moment that I am using to force carb and settle a beer before I bottle it. I'm not counter-pressure-filling, but overcarbonating in the keg in the expectation that I will lose some to the process...

Wow. That is clever, pity i just went and bought some little kegs about 2 days ago :lol:

Noice Johno,very Noice :D

I got 4 kegs set up in the beer fridge with tap and everything else needed to keep me slightly sane in this mad mad world and have just purchased a soda stream bottle on e-bay, looks like its party keg time for me.
heres another idea, I am going to work out the ratio of how much scotch to coke I drink and have one party keg for beer and one for scotch, sounds like a plan :D

now just need an adapter and refill hose.

Noice Johno,very Noice :D

I got 4 kegs set up in the beer fridge with tap and everything else needed to keep me slightly sane in this mad mad world and have just purchased a soda stream bottle on e-bay, looks like its party keg time for me.
heres another idea, I am going to work out the ratio of how much scotch to coke I drink and have one party keg for beer and one for scotch, sounds like a plan :D

now just need an adapter and refill hose.

Hi All,

The Garden Sprayer Party keg,is one of the best Ideas,I have ever seen.

Its good to see so much well deserved support for it too.

SDJ,

I like YOUR idea of a Party Keg for Scotch,and Coke as well.
I didn't think of that.

As I also make my own Scotch,Bourbon etc,AND,I just happen to have a new Spare Garden Sprayer,

Looks like I will be busy,over the next day,or so....................

OH,and another trip to Bunnings.........I will need another sprayer for a second keg.

Take care all.

John

Hi All,

Just thought i would add my party Keg to the list... I think i went a bit over the top but it makes a good seat and the beer is nice and cold.. :beer:
IMAGE_003.jpg

Hi All,

Just thought i would add my party Keg to the list... I think i went a bit over the top but it makes a good seat and the beer is nice and cold.. :beer:

Hey jester, that looks interesting. Do you have a bigger picture of your setup?

Jeff

Hi All,

View attachment 18608

Hi nt_jester,

Great idea... would appreciate a bigger picture too. However, I am about as nimble as a herd or drunken elephants (also louder, after mass beer consumption! :p ) and would probably snap the tap off. I think that a pluto beer gun would be the safer alternative for me. ;)

Cheers,

K

Great stuff!!

Where did you get the inline pressure guage? And how much?

Any tips on making the seal to the soda stream bottle tight? Ie. I wonder how far back up the system you have to go to stop the pressure in the keg being released when you connect the schraeder - have to make sure u only connect to parts that hold the back pressure.

Great stuff!!

Where did you get the inline pressure guage? And how much?

Any tips on making the seal to the soda stream bottle tight? Ie. I wonder how far back up the system you have to go to stop the pressure in the keg being released when you connect the schraeder - have to make sure u only connect to parts that hold the back pressure.

Hi Mate,

The Gauge is just from an old 12 volt tyre pump,that no longer worked.

I do lose a little pressure,when I connect the Gas in........still working on that one,perhaps,a one way valve..

Nt_jester,has a nice setup I also would like to see a larger Pic.

Cheers.
John

Hi People...

I have been away for a few weeks... I will put up a bigger picture of it all tonight...

The tap has a long shank on it so there isnt much chance of breaking it off.. more of a chance of opening the tap and having all your beer run out... The Keg is a 9lt one and my father had the CO2 bottle kicking around his place... I just have to set up set of wheels for it as it can get quite heavy once you put the beer, gas and ice in the esky...

Cheers
Brendan

Did she enjoy it? :D

Hi Mate,

Yes,give her half a chance,and she, along with our other 4 grandkids,would have enjoyed it greatly,(Little Devils),(Obviously they take after their Grandmother)

Kathy,and I just got back from 5 days away.

We took the 5 Litre Garden Sprayer Party Keg with us, along with 2 litre Coke Bottles,One, for each day,as "Top Ups"

The system worked Brilliantly.

I filled the coke bottles,through a tube from the tap,on the fridge door,NO counter filler,just filled the coke bottles nearly to the top,(Very little room for the CO2 to escape).

All the bottles remained, as hard as a rock, so,no lost CO2.

I will NEVER,cart around a heavy Awkward,party keg again.

Again,Many thanks to the Guys,who came up with the design.

Thay should be nominated for the OBE-A

Thats "OLD BREWERS EXCELLANCE-AWARD"

All the Best regards.
John

Latest posts

Back