Patio Covers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm in the process of looking into getting a patio cover for my new place however I wasn't sure what I should be looking at, everyone seems to have a different opinion.

From what I can tell there seems to be 3 categories, lightweight, heat reflective and insulated.

Insulated it out of the question price wise, I wasn't sure if we should be looking as spending the extra money for the heat reflective covers (higher thickness too) which nearly seem to be double the price for the area we are covering (36 square metres) over the lightweight covers.

The lightweight covers are quite cheap but from the look of things feel cheap too. Would love to hear from someone who has purchased a lightweight cover and if it will serve the purpose over 10+ years or should we go with the higher quality heat reflective cover.

Our house is North Brisbane, the storms we have had over the last 6 months also think we shouldn't be skimping on the quality.

Cheers

Really sounds like you've answered your own question.

[edit:spelerung]

Hey All,

I'm in the process of looking into getting a patio cover for my new place however I wasn't sure what I should be looking at, everyone seems to have a different opinion.

From what I can tell there seems to be 3 categories, lightweight, heat reflective and insulated.

Insulated it out of the question price wise, I wasn't sure if we should be looking as spending the extra money for the heat reflective covers (higher thickness too) which nearly seem to be double the price for the area we are covering (36 square metres) over the lightweight covers.

The lightweight covers are quite cheap but from the look of things feel cheap too. Would love to hear from someone who has purchased a lightweight cover and if it will serve the purpose over 10+ years or should we go with the higher quality heat reflective cover.

Our house is North Brisbane, the storms we have had over the last 6 months also think we shouldn't be skimping on the quality.

Cheers
go for the polycarbonate roof cover,can be had in uv reflection style,clear,bronze or maximum shade.
easy to install,and easy to install with council regs....cheers....spog.....

All polycarb can turn into hothouses in summer.

I prefer two sheets of colourbond to one sheet of polycarb. Lets in enough light but reduces the hothouse effect...

Latest posts

Back