Passionfruit Wit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hugs and kisses does not like beer. I may swing by with one for you and one for the Samford Show. I will see how it develops in the keg first.

Shawn :icon_cheers:

If you ever do make the apricot wit send me a bottle please, I really want to make a risotto using a apricot beer! LOL!

I think passionfruit would also go well in a lager!
:icon_offtopic:
KT did you learn nothing from masterchef and knobby's strawberry risotto?!! god that looked awful. Although i suppose apricot beer could work.

I make a mad lemon risotto. one of my favourites.

KT did you learn nothing from masterchef and knobby's strawberry risotto?!! god that looked awful. Although i suppose apricot beer could work.

I make a mad lemon risotto. one of my favourites.

Strawberry risotto is a CLASSIC... if done well it would be good! I would use the apricot beer instead of wine so it wouldnt overpower to much! Lemon risotto is the bomb!

I made an apricot berlinnerweiss - It was a cracker and made it into the nationals ... where it failed to win anything.

I used dried apricots and the fruit character was very subtle.

As in "here, let me drink that while I stir in all this bloody stock?" :)
:icon_offtopic: agitate the pan not stir, and I only stir occasionally and very gently. Works a treat but yes you really cant leave the kitchen.

link to lemon risotto KT great with a nice summer beer

Finally got this in the keg a couple of days ago.

It's quite sharp tasting and a lovely golden colour.
The pulp had been frozen so I don't know if this would have broken it down for easier flavour and colour extraction but the taste was stronger than I expected, compared to other fruity wits I've done with similar or bigger amounts of fruit. I'm going to force carb it tonight so it can be sampled at the weekend.
One thing I did notice was the fg before I added the pulp (kitten/airlock activity had stopped) was 1005. I measured it when I kegged it and it had risen to about 1009. Unfermentable sugars in the pulp??

Campbell

Back