Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey frogman,

I'm looking at knocking up something similiar as well. Did you use the spray foam stuff, and if so where did you get it from how much and is it easy to use??

hockaday

Hey frogman,

I'm looking at knocking up something similiar as well. Did you use the spray foam stuff, and if so where did you get it from how much and is it easy to use??

hockaday

Boxes came from work already insulated.
Orthobioligical implant boxes.
Not sure as to what was in them or if I really want to know. :huh:
I work in a hospital and these came out of the O.R.
Have been assured that they are 100% clean as all items inside are triple bagged in sterile conditions.

Cheers
Frogman

Does anyone know where I can get a 9L keg from and what it is likely to cost me?

I know they are dearer then full size but turning up for drinks with 19L is a bit excessive.

Does anyone know where I can get a 9L keg from and what it is likely to cost me?

I know they are dearer then full size but turning up for drinks with 19L is a bit excessive.

they are actually 12L. i believe Batz was trying to sell a couple, but they may have gone by now.

cheers Ross

Made up 2 quick setups for Christmas day. Used 2 50L garbage bins. Cut a hole in the lids so they sat snug over the 19L kegs, and added 2 bags of ice per bin. Not the most economical setup, especially for ice usage but worked a treat. Had the taps that went straight onto the out post. Scary part is one of the kegs was an "ace of spades" ginger ale, a tooheys old like beer with a ginger after taste. Keg didn't survive the day. All gone :( Damn it tasted good

I went to the local reject shop and splurged on 2 x 25 litre swing top tidy bins for the outrageous sum of 9 bucks each. They fit a corny with just enough room for a bag of ice. The couple of times I used them over xmas the beer was gone before the ice melted. I just hauled my C02 bottle along and used a picnic tap to serve.

Has anyone tried to use the CO2 inflators that have a screw regulator instead of the trigger to release the gas? I'm wondering if you can switch the gas fully off for disconnecting, and whether it really will keep the pressure constant on the smaller DIY party kegs.

B000ANBNBM.01-A2TE9IQP68MWQU._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I think you'll find that it isn't a pressure regulator - it is a flow rate controller.

It still relies on the user to decide when to stop 'inflating'.

And yes, you can disconnect them and conserve the remaining gas - but whether you can 'switch' them off without disconnecting is a different matter.

I think you'll find that it isn't a pressure regulator - it is a flow rate controller.

It still relies on the user to decide when to stop 'inflating'.

That would make more sense, trouble is many sites are describing the feature as a regulator. I guess that should really be read as a 'flow regulator' rather than pressure then. In that case, the trigger models look more suitable.

Does anyone know of a good place to get them in Melbourne?

Thanks.

No, but let us know what you find out, I'm kind of interested myself.

It is possible that some of them actually do have a pressure reg built in, I've seen some that specifically say 'pressure regulator' like this but I reckon it's a safe bet that it is just a flow rate controller.

Has anyone tried to use the CO2 inflators that have a screw regulator instead of the trigger to release the gas? I'm wondering if you can switch the gas fully off for disconnecting, and whether it really will keep the pressure constant on the smaller DIY party kegs.
I've got one of those, though mine looks a little different.
Works fine, you just give the trigger a squirt when the pouring pressure starts to drop.
I got it on Ebay and I got the bulbs from Grain&Grape.
minicharge.jpg

i got both the bulbs and the innovations charger from G&G.
i agree they are just for dispensing pressure and the dial would not be for pressure regulation. So i would be thinking that the trigger would be an easier way of adding short bursts of CO2 instead of fiddling with a dial... i guess it's just personal preference

I am currently making an insulated cooler bag for a 19L corny keg.
The lining and insulation is all finished and today I bought the material for the weatherproof outer cover plus heavy duty zip. Hopefully I have allowed enough room for the gel ice packs.

I'll post some pics when it is finished.

Hey Ross, after a couple of years how is your mobile keg running ?

QldKev

Latest posts

Back