• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Parts To Modify Andale Tap Handle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothy

Reaction score
Hi guys - not sure if anyone can help but i have a slight problem....

I have an andale font with andale taps. I have recently bought some tap handles (overseas - as I could not find any I really like here), but naturally...they do not fit the top of the andale tap. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or know of adaptors to solve the problem?
The tap handles I have bought have a wider hole, so the thread on the andale tap is too small - plus the spike (not sure if this is correct terminology) that runs from thr andale tap to connect their black handle, is too long for my separate handle I have purchased...

I hope I have explained myself ok??
Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Toothy

Hey Toothy,

Do you know the name of the tap you have (check out Andale if your not sure). And do you have a pic of the tap handle?

It sounds like you have a Floryte or D.A tap and a handle that was made for a Brumby Tap. If this is the case you are probably stuffed :(

Ive been thinking about making some handles and wouldnt mind seeing your for ideas :)

Cheers
Jye

It would depend on whether the threads are the same (metric or AF), but you could try a recoil kit if they have the right sizes....

They are usually used to repair threads that are ruined, but I have used them to downsize threads, which is what I think you are looking for!

Note : the url above is an american one, but you can buy the kits here as well.

Ok - well I had a look on the andale site and it is a Floryte tap, the handles I have - I have no idea what they are made for - but they are American if that helps - they have a wider hole to screw onto tap....

From what Ive seen the american handles are made for the brumby taps and only have a single nut in the base.

You can get a spacer that sits on top of the handle that the end cap screws on to.

deadly - where do you get this spacer from? the handle i have is a long Michelob wooden handle, so the actual 'spike' or steel prong that is attached to the andale tap is too long for the hole on the handle - man, i dont even know if im explaining this or it sounds right??if i slot the michelob handle onto the spike, it sits about 3 inches from the base of the actual tap....and the diameter of the hole is too wide to even think about screwing on.

Could you take a pic of the tap and the handle that you are trying to fit and post it up?

Ok - so here are the photos guys - hope it helps?

PICT0159.JPG

PICT0160.JPG

just in case anyone was interested - i ended up getting the taps modified with a double ended thread - one thin for the tap, one thick for the handle - superb job and cheap too, done in 1/2 a day. so it can be done in case anyone else wanted to do it or for future reference!!

Back