Parts I Will Need For A Keg Fridge Conversion.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a good place too source the shanks and faucets from. Probably overseas as its 1/2 the price of buying it here.

I have been checking out ebay of late and as it seems the taps are sold in pieces and by the time you get the lot plus postage it works out just as cheap to buy from home ie. sponsors above... although I did get a handful of disconnects at about $9 each. :icon_cheers:

Much much cheaper out of the US. Take a look at this guy on ebay...link

I bought two taps, stainless shafts, and tails delivered to my doorstep in Sydney for A$140.

awesome guy to deal with and make sure you email him for combined postage etc.....love my taps :icon_cheers:

taps.jpg

Much much cheaper out of the US. Take a look at this guy on ebay...link

I bought two taps, stainless shafts, and tails delivered to my doorstep in Sydney for A$140.

awesome guy to deal with and make sure you email him for combined postage etc.....love my taps :icon_cheers:

The 4" shank he has. The thread, is it 5/8" BSP? Same as This

I say this because I want to use these

My understanding is yes it is, but shoot him an email to check and he'll get back to you pronto.

My understanding is yes it is, but shoot him an email to check and he'll get back to you pronto.

:icon_chickcheers: Heh, already have mate. Thanks for your help.

These 4" shanks. Are they long enough. Or should I go with a 6" shank?

These 4" shanks. Are they long enough. Or should I go with a 6" shank?

Depends on the thickness of the door under. The door on my fridge is approx. 2 inches so more than enough for me.

Need to ensure there is plenty of room for the barb and that it isn't too long that it'll hit something (shelf, kegs, etc)

Ok one more question. Thes 4 way manifolds.

- Brass
- Chrome Plated Brass
- Aluminium

Which one?

Can't help you there mate, although I just installed a brass T. I was lead to believe that brass etc is OK on the gas side, just keep it away from the beer lines

Yeah. Thats what the seller said. Waiting for it all to turn up.

yep, I just got 7 ss525, 3" ss shanks and handles from him.

$65 Aus each to my door and the JG fittings are the ticket!

Looking at doing a similar setup of 4 kegs with a 4-way manifold just had a few questions

With the John Guest Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8" BSP x OD 5/16" (8mm) will I need 16x of these? (ive got the MFL disconnects)

Each disconnect gets one which is 8. Then another 4 up to the barb on the manifold and another 4 up to where the taps connect. Or do I use these stepless clamps somehwere? Sorry very ignorant question but really confused.

I got my manifold from the bloke on ebay who sells the perlicks in ohio and it said in the description 4 way manifold with check valves. So my question here is do I purchase a check valve/s or is the manifold doing the job how it is? For reference it looks excatly
the same as the craft brewer one.

With the gas line, does the length matter? I know it does with the beer line but just not sure

Already have most of the parts just need the JG Adaptors and Beer/gas line

Cheers

Looking at doing a similar setup of 4 kegs with a 4-way manifold just had a few questions

With the John Guest Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8" BSP x OD 5/16" (8mm) will I need 16x of these? (ive got the MFL disconnects)

Each disconnect gets one which is 8. Then another 4 up to the barb on the manifold and another 4 up to where the taps connect. Or do I use these stepless clamps somehwere? Sorry very ignorant question but really confused.

I got my manifold from the bloke on ebay who sells the perlicks in ohio and it said in the description 4 way manifold with check valves. So my question here is do I purchase a check valve/s or is the manifold doing the job how it is? For reference it looks excatly
the same as the craft brewer one.

With the gas line, does the length matter? I know it does with the beer line but just not sure

Already have most of the parts just need the JG Adaptors and Beer/gas line

Cheers
Oh dear you are confused.

NO. I reckon you would want 4 only.

MFL disconnects do not have 5/8" x 5/16" fittings. MFL (threaded) disconnects are 1/4" x 5/16", you will want 8 of these CB LINKY (one for each disconnect i.e beer out + gas in x 4 kegs = 8).

Besides that, check the size of the shanks. The shanks might be 1/2".

A check valve is a one way valve. If the manifold has a one way valve for each outlet you won't need any more. If it has one between the reg and the maniold you could put a one way valve inline between the manifold and each keg (say you carb up one keg higher than another, it is to stop that keg trying to equalise its pressure with the others). Worry about that later on, not now.

Gas line length is not really crucial. You just want to be able to open the door and maybe lift the kegs out onto the floor whilst connected.

^What Malted said.

And bump of the day award to you sir.

Good get for not starting a new thread and searching, reading and adding.... :super:

Thank you Malted for unconfusing me.

I'll order 8x of the Female Adaptor 1/4" FFL x 5/16" (8mm)

The shanks are 1/2" but the tail piece is 5/16" so do I get the stepless clamps for these and at the manifold end of the gas lines?

Award accepted :super: theres good info here. The search function (google AHB site) has sourced me so much info I will one day be wise. Hopefully.

Thought I'd add to this thread - its in line with what I'm doing at the moment.

Concerning JG valves and line splitters, I came across these ... they seem pretty nifty, expandable etc. Anyone used them? Got any advice?

I've also read in this thread that including a one way check valve per line is better then one for the reg, so the same guy has these ... again, any advice?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back