Papazian Homebrewer's Companion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Just read this book and found it very informative, especially if you've been brewing a while got your technique sorted but want a bit more info to get stuck into for improving your beer,as always delivered with good humour. Highly recommended

Whereabouts did you get this book from, and how much?

Would it be useful to an extract and partial brewer?

Cheers :)

i'm with stoodoo, whereabouts did you get this book mike? very interested!

ebay is one place. Amazon.com is another. Local HB shop for the trifecta

The Home Brewers companion goes into a bit more detail on how things like water, malt, yeast and hops work and goes into more detail on mahsing and brewing than in the first book. The recipes are a mix of all extract and full grain beers.
A pretty good book and has survived the years OK.

Ah, I just see it is in it's 3rd edition, I bought the 1st edition all those years ago.
The AHA has it for sale, as does Amazon (cheaper).

I bought Papazian's "The Joy of Home Brewing" from Amazon a couple of months ago because I couldn't find it anywhere in Australia.

Highly recommended.

" The Complete Joy of Hombrewing" and "the Homebrewers Companion" were the first two real brew books I bought when I first started AG many many years ago. Both books are a great read and the information is still pretty relevant today for the all grainer just starting out, and they are easy to read and understand too.

Cheers
Andrew

Charlie's two books are very informative. Enjoyable read too. Finally going to make the 'Prickly pear cactus mead' now that the cactus out front has finally fruited in a big way. Got around 15kg bright red fruit to get rid of if anyone wants to try the recipe too. Cheers, :party:

Vangleator said:
Charlie's two books are very informative. Enjoyable read too. Finally going to make the 'Prickly pear cactus mead' now that the cactus out front has finally fruited in a big way. Got around 15kg bright red fruit to get rid of if anyone wants to try the recipe too. Cheers, :party:
[post="123979"][/post]​

It's a good recipe and an excellent drink!
I've made it and loved it.

Back