Pale Ale Recipie Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair call.

But given Stu's inference that once the boil is done that flavour/aroma/bitterness are essentially locked in is clearly false. These things continue to change in the cube at below the 80C mentioned.

I was a bit confused by Stu's post too, although it was I who mentioned 80 deg for exactly that reason (ie - not just the boil)

Implication from which we infer, non?

I guess its one of those things thats just got no absoloute control, Factors of how much hop matter you get in the cube, how quickly it cools down and probably 1000000000 other things...

i guess its trial and error on hop additions to make beer and unless your trying to Exact clone a beer either commercial or just a previous batch, im guessing no chilling wouldnt be ideal for that.

my kids use the bath on the daily, was thinking about configuring a imersion chiller to fill the bath up then i wouldnt be so worried about using all the water, thus being the only reason i'm not chilling.

brewing uses tonnes of water so i'm trying anything to bring that down.......

m3taL said:
I guess its one of those things thats just got no absoloute control, Factors of how much hop matter you get in the cube, how quickly it cools down and probably 1000000000 other things...

i guess its trial and error on hop additions to make beer and unless your trying to Exact clone a beer either commercial or just a previous batch, im guessing no chilling wouldnt be ideal for that.

my kids use the bath on the daily, was thinking about configuring a imersion chiller to fill the bath up then i wouldnt be so worried about using all the water, thus being the only reason i'm not chilling.

brewing uses tonnes of water so i'm trying anything to bring that down.......
I pump my chilling water from the rain water tank through the chiller and back into the tank. The tank is also used to flush the toilet. So no water is wasted.

Latest posts

Back