Out Of Gas :-(

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
Damn damn damn. What a time to discover that the gas bottle is on empty. I went to pour a beer just now, and wondered why it still wasn't carbonated. Looked at the guage, and the gas bottle reads just above empty. The search will be on tomorrow for someone who is open...

Anyway, question is, the guage read fine last night. I've put around 30-40 kegs through the 5kg bottle, so i guess that is about right. Now do the bottles drop off this quickly, or should i be hunting for a leak?

hunt for a leak...it should not drop off that quickly...

Good luck finding a place open tomorrow.

Buggah, if that's the case, i'm pretty sure that it's the relief valve on this keg that i filled a couple of days ago, as i had trouble with it sealing initally. Which means that i now have no keg to put this beer in :-(

hehehe checked me gas before the hols and refilled as it was getting a bit too low, hard luck mate

I find my bottle remains full, then drops quickly towards the end, as soon as the needle moves (on the high pressure gauge) I know I have only 2 kegs left in it... my bottle is a real big one though,

if that happens Im now keeping a soda stream bottle handy to get me through till I get get my bottle exchanged.....

hard luck mate, also, I did have a small leak once, found it with a spray bottle with dishwashing liquid and water in it..

the Gas is stored in a saturated state so the pressure will be the same while there is liquid there except for temperature variations.

Once the last of the liquid CO2 is gone the pressure will drop very quickly.

In saying that, check for leaks because even the smallest one can be a disaster.

Latest posts

Back