Our New Tap Top

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
I know there is a topic covering labels etc, but this tap top is far too good to be lumbered in with that lot!;) This is an original Franko, not a cheap Chinese copy. Once again I have reminded Frank that he should quit his job & actually coin up on his obvious talent! This tap top will be appearing at some very nice pubs around Sydney & of course a few dodgy ones!
Cheers
Gerard

taplabelpilsproper.jpg

I know there is a topic covering labels etc, but this tap top is far too good to be lumbered in with that lot!;) This is an original Franko, not a cheap Chinese copy. Once again I have reminded Frank that he should quit his job & actually coin up on his obvious talent! This tap top will be appearing at some very nice pubs around Sydney & of course a few dodgy ones!
Cheers
Gerard

Gold Gerard, one talented big unit allright.

Screwy

Cheers
Gerard

Thanks mate
Makes me feel all fuzzy inside and yes if anyone wants to give me a job doing this stuff I'm in

Franko

dropped in to Paddy's yesterday... Had a Pale and a Choc Porter.. Both VERY nice beers!! Weel done Gerard.. Only one critizism...

THERE WAS NO IPA! :(

This tap top will be appearing at some very nice pubs around Sydney & of course a few dodgy ones!

I'm really looking forward to finding Paddy's beer in town. I almost never get out to Flemington, so Paddy's beer is just a fond memory.

Any chance you can give a list of pubs where we might find it?

dropped in to Paddy's yesterday... Had a Pale and a Choc Porter.. Both VERY nice beers!! Weel done Gerard.. Only one critizism...

THERE WAS NO IPA! :(

Yes, there was IPA, actually they had it up 2 different taps at one stage!

Cheers
Gerard

lady behind the bar said.. "Sorry, we dont have any IPA...."

Ok, I'll have a Pale. With her response being "Are you sure you dont want the pilsner? Most people prefer the pilsner..." :huh:

lady behind the bar said.. "Sorry, we dont have any IPA...."

Ok, I'll have a Pale. With her response being "Are you sure you dont want the pilsner? Most people prefer the pilsner..." :huh:

AHHH barstaff..........hhmmm :huh:

Your original comment was that there was no IPA, when infact your problem was that you were not able to buy a beer that was sitting there waiting to be poured <_< .
Next time give me a yell before you go & the 1st rounds on me. (But no IPA OK as most people prefer the Pils!)
Cheers
Gerard

Congrats on the Silver Gerard ...

Happens elsewhere, in Queensland if you front the bar and ask for a schooner of XXXX the bar staff will pour you a schooner of Gold. To specify real XXXX you have to ask for a "schooner of heavy".

Hahahahaha!! 'heavy' ...very funny

Happens elsewhere, in Queensland if you front the bar and ask for a schooner of XXXX the bar staff will pour you a schooner of Gold. To specify real XXXX you have to ask for a "schooner of heavy".

That's almost as bad as asking for an import in Rockhampton and having the bar lady say "Awe we've got VB sweet'art"...

Cheers
Gerard

Thats classy Gerrard, Well done Franko

I'm really looking forward to finding Paddy's beer in town. I almost never get out to Flemington, so Paddy's beer is just a fond memory.

Any chance you can give a list of pubs where we might find it?

PoMo we were approached by about 6 CBD outlets after the beer awards last year, but the boss wouldn't let us sell the beer to other pubs. :( I have since talked him around & approaches have been made to those same pubs & a few others.We are only looking at 3 or 4 taps in total.

For now we have both the Pilsner & Porter on tap at The Open Hearth @ Warrawong & if Harts ever gets the doors open, they have a couple of kegs already sitting in their coolroom (extended lagering). I am on leave for at least another week, so when I get back we will get back into looking for a few taps.

Cheers
Gerard

Congrats on the Silver Gerard ...

Thanks Scott, not a bad result for a beer that I wasn't all that happy with. It was good, no problem there I have a small keg in the fridge at home, it just isn't as good as the batch that is in the Lager tank at the moment!

I was more impressed with the other beers we entered both picking up medals, as they are not moving quick enough. I prefer to enter beers that are a little "fresher".
Cheers
Gerard

Label looks grand, Franko's the man.

Well yes MCT but sometimes he carries on like an 'old woman' .

Franko's labels always have a classic touch.

Paddys beer I always enjoy ,there is always a range and well worth a trip to give a try take a bus load of mates and give them taps a workout good value too,you will be left with money for a yummy mealfrom thier Bistro .

If I might say one of the Nicest looking Micro breweries in Sydney . http://www.paddysbrewery.com/

Great to get you picture in front of Paddys Brewery for your bar and if you are lucky and Gerrard is there you may get a pic with his ugly mug there too.

Pumpy :) ( Sales Promotion Manager unofficial)

gerardmeares2010edit.jpg

Excellent artwork there Franko - you've got a real talent for that stuff.

Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back