Orange Peel And Coriander Seed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my hands on the White Labs Saison yeast Ray and you can't come near it :p

Doc

If you want to fix coriander aroma add it at 15 and 0 minutes left in the boil

Jovial Monk

Why 15 and 0 minutes?

(This isn't questioning the suggestion, just wanting to understand the process).

When would you recommend doing it if you just used a can? We just threw it in with the malt.

I chucked in the coriander and the bitter marmalade with 5 minutes to go in the boil, but maybe at 15 would have brought out more aroma... kegs nearly empty, so time to try another :rolleyes:

I bought my coriander seed as a powder. I just boiled the dried orange peel without crushing it.

SOS. You can get whole coriander seed from spice markets. Crush some whole ones, and have a sniff, then have a sniff of the already ground stuff. I've always found it to be very different. Fresh whole coriander seed is really citrusy.

15 and 0 reinforces the coriander aroma, enough it doesn't fade

Even if using a can, surely you make wort from DME, specialty grains and hops? boil that wort at least 30 minutes, add the spices, hops etc at indicated times of the mini boil.

Jovial Monk

thanx for your encouragement ray and doc.
im yet to order my yeasts to suit.

power to those who have to wait for freight. ;)
remote brewing aint easy. <_<

cheers
big d

I hear you brother... time to testify brother Big D

B)

Latest posts

Back