On Tap @ Harts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nirvana was excellent as was the Rocks bitter. The lamb roll was the best and most tender that I have tasted. Pretty blue but melts in the mouth.

I'm in town Sunday and Monday night and planning to visit Harts and Tap House. I can't wait. I'll be the one in the BN shirt, say hello if you're there.

daniel

Bit more media whoring ... Daily Tele

Jump onto the face book page whilst there ...

Been ordering a plenty for Anzac Day ... and funnily enough a few kegs for the Secret Stash have also been ordered ... unbeknownst to some ... what may it be?? If you dont follow Doc or Harts on Twitter you may be left standing ... at the bar when the beer runs out ...

Scotty,

Thanks for taking the time to show me around and taking the time to have a chat on Sunday evening. Your place is a ripper and I'm sure to be back. The bar staff were helpful and informative. The porter hit the spot.

Even met a fellow AHBer from Adelaide (Aaron C) who was also good company.

I'll be back in the big smoke next month and will drop back in.

daniel

Will be there tomorrow, can't wait to check out the beers.
Any hints on what time and what the secret stash is? And what's the twitter link?

Good beer and two-up :beerbang:

Heya

Well there good beer a plenty, have hired a mobile coolroom to stock the extra beer. Hints on 'The Stash' will be Friday morning, so check Harts Pub on twitter (one word if you cant see it).

MCT if you are in look out for us. I'll have the keg trolley strapped to me for most of the day. We do have a couple kegs of Diggers Salute that will be on early arvo, doubt it will last for long.

Scotty

Big day there yesterday, didn't see you there Scotty but not surprising in the chaos. Any beer left?
The two-up was epic.

Sunday was nuts, smashed thru the Redoak, Paddys and Potters like no-ones business (apart from our Pale and Red Ale) ... did not even get to have a go at 2 Up!

Secret Stash is on this Friday with some tap changes maybe startig next week, but definately in the next 2 weeks.

Scotty

Secret Stash kegs on now - Paddys Brewery Old Regret, 5.7 Dark Ale. Grrrr

Maybe theres another 2 kegs in the cool room of something else dark and mysterious.

Also Longboard goes on Sun/Monday.

Scotty

you might maybe want to make the secret stash announcements a little earlier? Old Regret, whilst a pleasant dark ale, wasn't exactly the mindblowing rush-down-there-early-from-work beer that I had hoped for. Apparently Platform in Brisbane had some Mikkeller recently *hint hint*

or maybe something goddamn HOPPY!!!

you might maybe want to make the secret stash announcements a little earlier? Old Regret, whilst a pleasant dark ale, wasn't exactly the mindblowing rush-down-there-early-from-work beer that I had hoped for. Apparently Platform in Brisbane had some Mikkeller recently *hint hint*

or maybe something goddamn HOPPY!!!

G'day, yes I'll take the notice on the chin, getting use to new iphone - these things drain thier batteries in no time and I was far from a charger and Doc is still Stateside.

We dont expect or do the exclusive thingo's with beers, hence the beer may be around at other places. But I'll dodge the imported stuff, trying to support local guys over any imports.

Scotty

Sorry Scotty, I should've deleted my drunk rant - got a bit fired up about nothing. I really do appreciate what you're doing craftbeer-wise at Harts & with the secret stash concept and think it's a great idea. And supporting the local guy is great too.

Must have been in too many chinese hops threads, did not think there was any offense at all there Jez. Was more than fair.

We looked at some of the beers like the Mikkelar for the fridges and the pricing was extreme (obviously enough - high alc + import). Would give the $18 a pint of hoegarden thread a bit of a run for its money ...

Scotty

Hey Scotty,

Any plans to put something special on tap for the AHB pub crawl?

Cheers
Andrew.

Well, I have more stashed items in the cool room, if you guys behave and leave us some glasses well .....

Secret Stash kegs on now - Paddys Brewery Old Regret, 5.7 Dark Ale. Grrrr

Maybe theres another 2 kegs in the cool room of something else dark and mysterious.

Also Longboard goes on Sun/Monday.

Scotty

Hello Scotty,

I got the impression from this post ( the 'Grrr') that this was not a choice you would have made.
Am I mistaken?
If you are not making the choices on these beers, who is?
From a marketing point of view (and this is coming from an Engineer, ha!) I would think that you would want at least to be seen to be enthusiastic about what you're putting on, even in the cases where it might be offered at a generous price to gain exposure :)

I commend your efforts (& Rich on that note - I take it he is behind the monthly drinks at the old British Lion....um sorry what do they call it now, something fancy..have not been out for a while) in trying to provide some 'spice' for the enthusiasts....even the ones that have been around for a while and don't need much encouragment. :)

Was the plan to not announce the beers at all beforehand, but make them true surprises?
I don't have a mobile phone (old school) & prefer not to be some twit on Twitter....whatever that is.
Not working near the city any more would makes Friday's Secret Stash more of a gamble in that case.
Perhaps you could advertise on here on Thursday night???????

Hoping to drag myself in from the 'burbs sometime soon to check your wares.

Best wishes,
Pete Wadey

PS May I suggest adding some shots of the function rooms to the website for those interested in hiring

Hi Pete

We do need to buy you that phone. We will announce on Twitter and Face book on the morning of, but can let you know earlier via this thread. The intent for Doc and I is to have a bit of fun and beer that whilst maybe not mindblowing to some, a bit different or harder to get or things like that.

And the function rooms info will go up, with a new digital camera we will be taking lots of shots of the rooms. The function stuff does not make that much sense at the moment and is being address. All the little operational things are rearing their heads and being dealt with one at a time.

Let us know if and when you are in Pete, would love to have a beer with you,

Scotty

(and this is coming from an Engineer, ha!)
I don't have a mobile phone (old school) & prefer not to be some twit on Twitter....whatever that is.

How old are you! What type of engineer does not have a mobile phone in 2010. Get with the times :huh:

Latest posts

Back