Ol'time Aussie Country Cider Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdilley

Reaction score
I met an old time cider making lady at the monthly Sunday village market. And got invited to afternoon tea at a cottage farm this Tuesday to talk geese, ducks, chooks and all things Permaculture but thats another story!

Talking with the cider making lady it sounds like she has her own heritage apple orchard of sweets and tarts and makes her own unique blend. She also has a differing back sweetening method, hand operated apple mills and makes sweet and medium dry ciders. After a good natter the wife and I bought some apples and looked around the rest of the market.

Hopefully we meet up again and can swap brewing methods.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Sounds like time well spent to me. Looking forward to the recipes. We have 3 apple trees, a pink lady, mt fuji and a cox orange pippen as well as access to a large orchard so always keen to get some new recipes. Haven't tried making new season cider before so keen to give it a crack. Gotta love the markets, most sellers are passionate about their products and you often get some great tips.

I met an old time cider making lady at the monthly Sunday village market. And got invited to afternoon tea at a cottage farm this Tuesday to talk geese, ducks, chooks and all things Permaculture but thats another story!

Talking with the cider making lady it sounds like she has her own heritage apple orchard of sweets and tarts and makes her own unique blend. She also has a differing back sweetening method, hand operated apple mills and makes sweet and medium dry ciders. After a good natter the wife and I bought some apples and looked around the rest of the market.

Hopefully we meet up again and can swap brewing methods.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

A real live "National Treasure"

Screwy

Latest posts

Back