Old Coopers Fermenter Lid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric8

I changed this because Gregor can't
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am looking for an old coopers fermenter lid. Mine got left outside for too long and is buggered :( .
Does anybody have one that they don't need or want? Or does anyone know where I can get a lid to fit this size fermenter?
I live in Sydney, Nth Shore area.
Thanks for any help
Eric :beerbang:

Are coopers the orange ones? or is that brigalo?

Hey Guys,
I am looking for an old coopers fermenter lid. Mine got left outside for too long and is buggered :( .
Does anybody have one that they don't need or want? Or does anyone know where I can get a lid to fit this size fermenter?
Thanks for any help

Hey Eric,

My Dad is a keen Homebrewer and lives at Manly. He can lend you some glad wrap to use as a new lid! :p

Seriously though, he uses 'cling wrap'. Anyways, it can be used (great seal) with the original O-ring or elastic. Just make a pin-prick in the glad or cling wrap to let the gasses escape and you're off! :D

InCider.

If you are talking about the old 30 L bucket type fermenter, they and the lids are still available through any good home brew shop.
They are now called a Brewcraft Fermenter, the lid is part number "55579" description is "30L Brewcraft Fermenter Lid DRILLED".

MHB

I second the Glad Wrap idea, have used this many times to good effect.

Cheers - Mike

Tertiary on the gladwrap - I used it in a batch of cider...the 11% stuff in my sig. Excellent visibility, even though my lid is semi-clear anyways...I loved it. One pin-prick in the middle was fine for it, and I just kept it in place with the fermenters sealing O-ring.

Definitely a good option.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for any help

a pic of the fermenter will be useful , but as has been said im sure your local HBS will be able to help you out , im almost sure that they can source most lids from suppliers....

Eric
There are a couple here that you can have FOC. I can drop them past later this week if that suits
Cheers
Gerard

Eric
There are a couple here that you can have FOC. I can drop them past later this week if that suits
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard,
That would be fantastic, thanks mate. Better order some beer whilst I'm at it!!
Will call you tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone else who gave some great advice. The fermenter doesn't have any o ring, it is a snap on lid. The cling wrap is a great idea though.
If I'm stupid enough to leave the lid outside again, I will give that a try.
Cheers guys :super:
Eric

Latest posts

Back