Ol brown dog coopers recipe of month

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 days after bottling, I thought I better have a taste.
Pretty good, not spectacular, but pretty good. It's got a bit of twang which hopefully will fade. Lovely maltiness and the crystal has given it a bit of body.
It was my first attempt at bulk priming and bottle 23 of 27 came out pretty well. Head retention on the second glass wasn't as good as the first, but that should come.
Happy with this one, should be a good winter drinker until the stout is ready

Have just had a large day on these and impressed. All were good, bitter but smooth, with a bit if hop taste still shining through .

Not too strong either .

Hopefully yours mellows and it's all good. I'm impressed ...

Have just had a large day on these and impressed. All were good, bitter but smooth, with a bit if hop taste still shining through .

Not too strong either .

Hopefully yours mellows and it's all good. I'm impressed ...

Finally starts drink the old brown, yeah it's really good I'm impressed, will def make again,

Dogshampoo said:
Finally starts drink the old brown, yeah it's really good I'm impressed, will def make again,
I'm almost out....

Finish my APA then ol brown dog again

I gave some away today as a thanks for some free firewood. It's the first stuff I've made that I'm happy to leave with people and not feel I need to be there to defend it

Bit late for comment I know.
But who the heck needs a slow starting yeast?
US-05 is slow enough & causes me concern every time I use it.
Frankly I can' tell the difference between the Kit Coopers yeast & US-05 at least with my strong tasting hoppy beers. I know that's almost heresy but it's true.
Pitched at the recommended temp Coopers yeasts are quick starters & almost never fail.
And my bubbler almost always indicates activity which is when I relax somewhat.

Bit late for comment I know.
But who the heck needs a slow starting yeast?
US-05 is slow enough & causes me concern every time I use it.
Frankly I can' tell the difference between the Kit Coopers yeast & US-05 at least with my strong tasting hoppy beers. I know that's almost heresy but it's true.
Pitched at the recommended temp Coopers yeasts are quick starters & almost never fail.
And my bubbler almost always indicates activity which is when I relax somewhat.

I agree with your comments on coopers yeasts... there is a bit of yeast b/s around. I’ve never had a problem with coopers yeast either and brew a modified pale ale quite regularly using the kit yeast... never been an issue

"modified pale ale"?
I would like to see your recipe, unless it's a trade secret.

"modified pale ale"?
I would liketo see your recipe, unless it's a trade secret.

Hi

Here it is...and no secret!

upload_2019-3-26_10-2-10.png

Latest posts

Back