off to Sydney for 2 weeks with work in North Ryde any where close to g

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm off to Sydney with work, working and staying on Talavera Rd North Ryde, I'll be there till the 14th so was after some suggestions (ideally close) to get a good beer.

thanks
Matt

I used to work in Macquarie park right near talavera road and there really isn't much there by way of decent beers. There's The Ranch hotel up on epping road (not even 3 minutes from where you are). Think they just had the usual suspects on tap and maybe 1 or 2 craft beers but nothing too fancy. You can still get a pretty decent feed there although far too pricey in my opinion.

Your best bet is to head towards north sydney area for a bit more variety. Bazaar beer cafe in st leonards, bavarian in crows nest are probably the 'closest' places that sell less mainstream stuff.

Actually, head to the macquarie uni (again, 2 or 3 mins) and go to the Ubar. It's between E and C block, right near the massive courtyard and student services place. They've got little creatures and james squire on tap and its actually a pretty good place to chill out. I've spent many hours there getting shitfaced after exams trying to rid my brain of all that knowledge i forced myself to learn during the semester. Don't feel weird about going there just cause your not a student, heaps of the lecturers and tutors go there and you don't need to present a student/teacher card or anything. Plus there's some good and cheap chinese directly downstairs in the foodcourt.

thanks. I saw the ranch as they had a festival there but it appeared that was a one off type arrangement ?

I will try the uni (I'm old and like young educated woman :) )

Head to the Welcome Hotel in Rozelle - bloody good craft beer line up!!

New_guy said:
Head to the Welcome Hotel in Rozelle - bloody good craft beer line up!!
Very true but not at all close....
I guess it depends on your idea of close.
Nth Ryde to Rozelle is at least 30 mins in traffic and 20 mins without - of course, he wouldn't drive if imbibing. 45 - 60 mins by PT and probably 3 hours if taking the number 11 (legs, ie walking)

joshF said:
I used to work in Macquarie park right near talavera road and there really isn't much there by way of decent beers. There's The Ranch hotel up on epping road (not even 3 minutes from where you are). Think they just had the usual suspects on tap and maybe 1 or 2 craft beers but nothing too fancy. You can still get a pretty decent feed there although far too pricey in my opinion.

Your best bet is to head towards north sydney area for a bit more variety. Bazaar beer cafe in st leonards, bavarian in crows nest are probably the 'closest' places that sell less mainstream stuff.
Or Flat rock brew cafe in Naremburn (near north sydney) for some good english ales or anything else imaginable in the bottle or on keg

Very true but not at all close....
I guess it depends on your idea of close.
Nth Ryde to Rozelle is at least 30 mins in traffic and 20 mins without - of course, he wouldn't drive if imbibing. 45 - 60 mins by PT and probably 3 hours if taking the number 11 (legs, ie walking)[/quote

Depends how thirsty u r

very thirsty just bought a slab of old :(

I used to live in collaroy so will head to the timo and then the beach club satdy to see if there's still any one around I know

Latest posts

Back