Off To Brew A Duke

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zizzle

Reaction score
Yay me!

I wonder if I will suddenly have more mates?

I wonder if Brennan will let me spice up the recipe a bit? ;)

Drum roll please

and the winner of Burleigh Brewing Companys inaugural Grain to Glass competition is..Matthew Pratt!

Matt is going to be joining our Brewmaster and his team for a Brewing day, followed by an insight into the fermentation process, then hell be put to work on the bottling line to bottle the brew he helped craft. Dont worry we arent just going to make him work! Once the brew has been allowed to ferment, then lovingly placed in our BB bottles Matt and nine of his best mates (hasnt he suddenly become a lot more popular) will come to the Brewery Lounge for a party to sample Matts Duke Brew.

Want to be in Matts shoesheres your chance. The Grain To Glass Competition will be back with entries being accepted from December 1. The winner of the 2nd Grain To Glass Competition will be drawn October 31 2008.

The Team at Burleigh Brewing would like to thank all our Duke Land Recruits and Grain to Glass entrants for your support over the past few months.

Your support has seen Duke Beer now available almost 100 outlets throughout Duke Land! Thats quite a feat for a brand new brewery. Duke Landers are a discerning lot and know a Real Fresh Beer when they taste one.

We look forward to seeing you for a Christmas drink in the Brewery Lounge its open every Friday afternoon from 3pm to 6pm for Aloha Friday. Last drinks for 2007 will be Friday 21st December, and our first one for 2008 will be Friday 4th January. Drop-in say Aloha, then Put Up Your Dukes.Cheers!

By the way the Duke wanted you to know we have a limited number of spots still available for your Christmas party or end of year drinks. Give us a call at the Brewery on 07 5593 6000 and well see if the date you have in mind is on that list!

Congratulations again to Matt and thank you to everyone who entered.

Cheers from the Team at Burleigh Brewing Co and we hope well have the chance to say that to you in person at the Brewery Lounge soon.

Nice one Zizzle :super: I got the email today but didnt recognise the name :rolleyes:

I wonder if they have a hair net large enough for you during bottling :D

Onya Zizzle, :beer: when's it happening?

I put my hand as best mate straight away B)

Well done mate - We'll get that APA recipe now ;)

cheers Ross

Congrats Matt. :super:

Well done and enjoy the experience. Every homebrewers dream

Cheers
jimmy

Congratulations Matt - I thought it was you when I got the email. Any idea yet what you'll be brewing?

It's going to be sold commercially as a limited release isn't it?

Cheers,

microbe

great work zizzle congrats,
I saw the email today and thought you lucky bugger.
If you have any probs getting the time off work....

regards old dog :super:

You would have heaps of mates if you could brew a beer that looked like this..

duke.JPG

Congrates Zizzle..

Are we getting a sample at the swapmeet

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
YOUR NAME IS MATT PRATT??!!!!?!?!! :lol: Dunno why thats funny... :huh:
Seriously Congratulations..........Matthew... *Snigger*

EDIT: Sorry it just took me by Surprise...Mathew i mean.. Never did remember your real name only know you as Zizzle...
I expected something like..... Dwayne Dibbley...
Perhaps you can give them some pointers on brewery Automation while your there...?
(I'm guessing i'm not on the "Mates" list, hey?) :blink:
Sqyre...

That's it Bruce you are off the list of nine mates :huh:

Now I'm going to have to come over to your place and drink all of your beer and eat all of your pig in retaliation. :D

Onya Zizzle - congrats on being picked.

If you're brewing for others, you may need one of these... I don't! :p

Snood_copy.jpg

You'll look like a right pratt in a crocheted one of these!

Sorry to dig up an old topic. But did you do this yet Zizzle? I have fallen in love with Duke Lager and I am really keen to know if you got any insight into what is in it when you were at the brewery :D

Sorry to dig up an old topic. But did you do this yet Zizzle? I have fallen in love with Duke Lager and I am really keen to know if you got any insight into what is in it when you were at the brewery :D

Can you get it in Bundy Kev? We have a couple of outlets stocking it here on the Sunny Coast.

Screwy

No but there is a pub in Hervey Bay that has it on tap and I had the pleasure of drinking it there. I tried to pick up some of the flavours from it, and I have a good idea of a general direction to head in for an AG clone, just wanted to know if someone maybe had some inside info to help me on my mission :p

Must be time for a quick trip to Burrum Heads again :D

I may be going on Saturday arvo from 3-5 if I can convince the boss to let me. If anyone else will be there send me a PM and let me know.

Back