O-Rings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
I've always just used Bunnings 'no. 9 O-rings' for my keg posts and garden hose connectors, they work fine but they are the worst parts in my setup and it's time to upgrade.

Anyone know of a source for some good quality rings (maybe silicone) that will fit both? Failing that, any engineers here know the correct specs for these so I can try and source them?

Time for an upgrade, me thinks.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: If anyone would like to go halves in an order for keg o-rings and/or AG stuff, let it be known.

you need an engineering/bearing shop or autoparts shop. They will have any size you need

Really? Ive been happy with the bunnings orings esp with a little food grade lube. I suppose if they have doublw tripple the life v cost then its ok. Im actually moving away from the garden connections to barbs and clamps. The connections are warping or sonething and dont hold the silicone hose properly anymore and suck in air. Never any issues on the connections that are barbs now. The pkug and play type action of the garden connecctions is great and I would have stuck with them if they continued to work. Unless I win lotto or a trifecta andni can upgrade to camlocks.

I can vouch for the silicon o-rings from the link doglet mentioned.

as a person who only uses nylex garden fittings, and would only use brass garden fittings if using them in a brewery.. camloks were only a dollar or 2 more per set than brass garden fittings.

Thanks guys, and props to Randomiser for his original post too. Can't argue with a couple of bucks for 50 silicone o-rings.

I built my brewery when camloks cost a fortune, and brass garden fittings were cheap. They work fine, I just go through a few o-rings.

I've had problems with the outer post orings that seals the post to the corny keg fittings. I have the generic keg fittings and orings supplied by a Home brew web shop but found they leak if any tension is applied to the fittings. I just lost a CO2 bottle worth of gas...

Here is what I found. The supplied orings are a 2.5mm section and it is not compressing adequitely. I sourced some 12mm ID by 3mm section orings from my local bearing shop and these are heaps better. They require slight force and some grease to insert the fitting but the seal is much more solid.

Google Search LUDOWICI
They have pretty much everything seal wise you will need
I use seals made from VITON for most things

Back