Nz Beer At 1st Choice Liqour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

Does anyone know where I could get Speight's Old Dark in Sydney? Dan Murphy's (certainly where I go to) doesn't stock it, and neither does Amatos. Maybe croydon cellars? I can't find their website. Do theyeven have one?

Thanks,

Mic

I saw macs at a bottlo about a year ago, and at $4.50 a stubby I was put off. Walked into the new 1st Choice liquor in Ringwood and there it was at $2.99 - Sold! Had the Reserve and Copperhop. The Copperhop reminded me of JS IPA and the Lager was like Mildura Brewery Desert Lager - the added bonus is..... NEW SHOP = FRESH BEER!!!

i picked up some monteith's original ale at woolies in parramatta a week or so ago...

Though not in Ross' pics, I picked up some Monteiths Summer Ale @ the Acland St Bottlo whilst on a Melbourne trip a few months back... From memory it was a very Ginger Beer type of bev-e-raj. But, have to agree with the majority on the Monteiths Black, fantastic.

Dropped into the 1st Choice Liqour at Ashfield for the first time a few days ago. It has replaced the Theo's on the corner of Parramatta road & the City West Link across from the clocktower & Bunnings.

They had a fantastic selection of beers I hadn't seen in Bottlo's before. I'm usually a Dan Murphy's regular and have been to Amato's a few times but will be spending a fair bit of time here in future.

Can't remember all the names but was happy enough to see James Squire Golden Ale with a best before date that hadn't expired (they were March 2007 I think). May also be picking up a Greene King Suffolk Extra Strong there on the weekend but at $10.50 for a 500ml :blink: I think one will be my limit. They had 4 different Mac's beers too as well as some unusual looking Belgians.

If you're in the area check it out.

Jez

Dropped into the 1st Choice Liqour at Ashfield for the first time a few days ago.
If you're in the area check it out.

You had to tell me, Jez. :rolleyes: I am really close to there. It'll be so tempting to just pop in for some 'research'. :lol: :chug:

theres a (short) list of aussie stockists on the new and improved emersons website -
http://www.emersons.co.nz
Richard Emerson is a brewer of the highest quality. May I politely suggest that you go get some now.

You'll find any of the Emersons range far more rewarding than anything the big boys have to offer (Macs, Montieths, Speights)

emersons ipa is brilliant. would love to try the other beers in teh range.

Ok, so anybody know anywhere in Wollongong or Sydney where I can get kiwi beers? You used to be able to get Monteiths at Woolies but I haven't seen it there in a while.

ta
mycle.

Woollies at Corrimal used to have Monteiths. But they didn't the last time I looked there (occassionally pop my head in to look at the cleanskins). Next time I'm there, I'll see if they have them back in. Seems the 'Gong (with a few nice exceptions) is a VB kinda town.

Back