Nt Brewers Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been thinking about the lack off malt up here in Darwin and was asking here as I know there are a few Darwin based brewing people and possible a few down the track in Alice and between. I've been starting to think that paying up to $50 freight to get some malt to make beer is starting to hurt.

What I was considering / looking into a bit more would be getting the malt from a wholesale place and then selling it as close as i can to southern prices. My aim would not to be to make a living but to cover costs and the odd bit of packaging and stuff like that. Obviously I wouldn't be trying to sell all the cool stuff that the sponsors here sell or everyday to day homebrew equipment.

I would also consider getting up a small range of liquid yeasts and some hops as well and try and sell them around southern prices as well. Would even look at the dried yeast range as i've yet to see a saf yeast here for about 2 months.

So in around about way, would the NT brewers consider this of any use? I would probably get in some of the base malts, some speciality malts and go from there. Plus all the usual stuff, cracking and vacuum sealing etc.

And if someone else steals my idea that would be fine, I just would like to see access to malts and the other stuff here in Darwin and around the NT.

Anyway let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks,
bonk

Certainly interested in any method to get malt up at a better rate than airbag or individual road freight packaging. Liquid yeasts im still prepared to air freight when available, and i recommend looking into that side of things thoroughly before committing to it.

Latest posts

Back