NRL Grand Final

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great game played in a great spirit, best Grand Final I've ever seen.

I'm a Bronco's fan but that win was a fairy-tale that had to happen. Love JT and the Cowboys, that's the problem with being a Queenslander you love em all!

Wayne Benett's always voiced his opposition to Golden Point in Grand Finals since it first started, but I think you'll find he's said it to keep the press focused on him and away from his young players while their a bit down.
2016 will be the Bronco's turn :)

Bennett's opposition to golden point extends beyond grand finals. He's been opposed to the concept in any game. There is nothing wrong with a draw in a regular season game. Finals games could be 10 minutes each way with the winner decided at the end of the extra-time period. Golden point reduces the game to a field goal shoot-out where both sides commit rules infringements and the referees refuse to blow their whistle.

In saying that, I really enjoyed the game and the result.

Probably the most exciting GF I have witnessed in any code and I was at the G in 06 when my boys beat the Swans by a point. The whole town is going nuts today. Great to see Thursto rewarded with what he deserves- I reckon the best player I have seen, even better than the King and Lockyer.

I can't remember the last time I watched a full Rugby league game, if I ever have. But I watched the game last night.

Man that was one of the best games I've ever seen, of any code of football.

Well done Cowboys.

Latest posts

Back