Nowra Microbrewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbock

Braugesell
Reaction score
Heard about this a couple of weeks ago, but was reminded about it today:

Plans for South Nowra Micro Brewery

A Zierholz-style brewery+bistro would be nice, can't see it happening in South Nowra though...
At worst it could be an extract B.O.P...

Beer and Brewer noted that Tim Thomas was going to set up this nano brewery and cafe/restaurant. I great reason to go to Nowra

DA 11/1112 was lodged 2 weeks ago with shoalhaven council.

fingers crossed

WooooHoooo!!!!! the olds live 20min from Nowra!

this brewery that made a great Irish red is sadly defunct around 2000.The brewer whose name escapes me now got me on the road to mash brewing in 1996 when i lived in Braidwood up the escarpment from Nowra.Funny thing with Nowra it was my NZ hometowns sister town.

Beaubelle Brewery(Closed)
2/11 Geary Place
North Nowra Industrial Estate
Nowra 2541

Oldies live in Sussex so often passing through nowra, would be great to have a decent place to stop, maybe pickup a few takeaways as well.

It's definitely full mash, and I believer the brewer has a fetish for extreme hop levels ;)

I'm glad I have lots of relo's up that way. Looks like future trips up to see the relo's will be even better

It is indeed Tim Thomas' enterprise. All the best mate. I sure you will cause less controversy (and a lot less paper work) in Nowra with your application than I have in Surry Hills!

Beer and Brewer noted that Tim Thomas was going to set up this nano brewery and cafe/restaurant. I great reason to go to Nowra

The only reason to go to Nowra... :icon_cheers:

The Brewery is a waste of time too..
I went to the opening....
What a waste of time...
$5.00 for tasters....about a mouthfull in each..
Very disappointed..
$4.50 a Stubbie...
Anyway good luck to them..But i wont be a Patron..
Cheers
PJ

I think that's a bit harsh. You are entitled to you opinion but calling it a waste of time is pretty severe. I'm not affiliated or even friends with Tim but I also attended the opening & was made to feel very welcome. Tims wife Tess? was very knowledgable about all the beers, hop varieties used etc & we were given pretty much free range of the brew house. Tim was happy to answer any questions asked (even while filling growlers in the cool room). I thought the place was awesome but could use some food however when asked was told it had come down to licensing.
My .02c
Cheers

The Brewery is a waste of time too..
I went to the opening....
What a waste of time...
$5.00 for tasters....about a mouthfull in each..
Very disappointed..
$4.50 a Stubbie...
Anyway good luck to them..But i wont be a Patron..
Cheers
PJ

Opening was ... September2011 if anyone can stand to correct me, its now April 2012. And you post 7 month old claptrap today!

Sounds like you are one of the Nowra Brethren who assumes quality of alcoholic beverage by the propensity to get you pissed on the cheap in 20 mins. Sorry to hit you on the head with a steel pole, good beer costs money. $4.50 is the normal cost any wear but your backyard metho lab. Want to get pissed and sling shit for a fella putting hit nuts in the line and having a go, do it elsewere. Come to my pub and I will charge you $8 for the pleasure.

Personally, I am glad you will not be back.

Scotty

tell us what you really think Scotty... :beerbang:

You may have had a good time Rex...
We were thinking what are we doing here..??
If you are going to open something make it worth while to your customers...
It was LOUSY.. and frugal...
I replied to a post... Scotty ..I did not start one...
That is my opinion and i am entitled to it regardless
I did go back several times....Same..
I did not condemn their beer ..as we did not get enough to even taste...
Anyway good luck to Tim...
Scotty ..i have only had about 4 6 packs of different types to try them in the last 14 Mths.
Cheers
And go easy with the steel pole...

Latest posts

Back