Nothing but foam

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
Two identical brews in two identical kegs with lines to suit.
I force carbed both the same way for the same time.
One keg pours perfectly, the other, just foam.
I swapped over the lines and taps thinking I may of had a blockage restricting the flow and creating higher pressure, but no.
No off smelling flavours or bad tastes, just a shit load of foam.

Thinking I may have over carved this one some how, I,m releasing pressure daily for the last 5 days, and although I'm yet to test it today, every other day its been foam.

Any ideas? Can anyone shed a little light for me?

Is it possible that the "foam" brew did not quite finish fermentation, therefore the over carb problem?
Cheers

I thought that, but both batches went in at the same time and hydro was stable after secondary 3 weeks later

Is it possible the dip tube is too close to the floor in the foamy keg? This combined with over carbing could be the problem?

mmm? releasing pressure over 5 days would certainly indicate "over carb" imo, could it be you think you forced carbonated this keg for the same time as the first?

I have a new keg that did this. Pulled it apart and there was a hole on the beer out dip tube and that was causing the foaming.

Back