No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the biffo?

aja.jpg

I have a small confession to make. It's not my birthday today. In the excitement of CM2's recent lyrical challenge from Janet Jackson (thus proving his gay-arse taste in music), I was living the illusion today that *I* was in fact Janet's brother Jermaine, the lead singer from the Jackson Five, a converter to Islam (from Jehova's Witness), and a celebrant of his 55th birthday on the 11th December. After a couple of ciders tonight, I realise that I am *not* Jermaine Jackson

In an unrelated, but just-as-creepy personality shift, to celebrate my 1,109th post on the AHB forum (which is this post right now) I went out and got myself a backyard-scratcher tattoo in an '80's music theme, celebrating "The Weather Girls". Do you guys like it ? I'm thinking of taking it back and exchanging it for something else after I show it off at tomorrow night's Lamb of God gig.

tumblr_kqax6plLpK1qzraqfo1_400.jpg

That is an awesome tatt but you should ask them to shift it to your left nut. The influence it might have on the virility of your little soldiers would be worth the slightly odd stares you might get when you imitate a fly's eyes at parties.

That is an awesome tatt but you should ask them to shift it to your left nut. The influence it might have on the virility of your little soldiers would be worth the slightly odd stares you might get when you imitate a fly's eyes at parties.

Yes ! That way, when I complete my contortionist's diploma, and get a couple of ribs removed, it would 'speak' so well with the other tattoo that I got on the 25th June this year (when I thought I was George Michael for a day).

bad-taste-tattoo.jpg

I'll bite. That 1st tatt is seriously bad taste. Even if u r joking.

anyone got a sugestion for the perfect learners bike......... sports bike...... close to 650 as posible?

Even if u r joking.
I don't know. Is your SMS abbreviated communique in good taste ? You only saved yourself four keystrokes, was it worth it? I think that we are becoming chummy lately, hey CM2 ! Good to see that your anger issues are being suppressed.

Dude, of course that isn't a tattoo of mine. But ****, some dickhead got it done, it doesn't look photoshopped to me.

...and the "Virago" was the choice for the cool kids on "L-Plates"

... who didn't know it's an italian word for transvestite.

Well if you wernt so consumed with stiring shit and wasting peoples time in here....... you would know what was happening in the outside world wouldnt you :)

You can go to 660 on an "approved" bike...... it goes on power to weight ratio.

Im looking at a new job that will require 160km per day travel..... a bike will get better fuel ecconemy than my V8 ute.

On iPhone. Hard to type.

Tony. LAMS sceme now gies on power to weight so u can have bigger bikes. You can even get bikes that have been detuned to provide less power. Those bikes have LAMS at the end. Varies from each state

kawa 250 zzr us still an awsome bike. Suzuki gs500 is also good but not if your over about 5'9.

Edit: beaten.

If u know how to ride a bike and you've just run out of licence or getting it back you could just get a non lams bike. It's only a fine if ur caught. No points lost. but ur not legally insured if in an accident and I'm not recommending this, just letting u know. Lots of info on Netrider.com.au

I dont want to go stupid. Im a new rider and no point getting something highlly powered till i get some experience. Im not in it to kill myself........ just to save some fuel and have a fun toy for weekends.

Im happy to learn on something slower....... i have a family to come home too. Im about 5'10 and about 80kg so im not a big bloke but not tiny either.

Im thinking about a 400 to start with. a 250 could be a bit painful on the highway for 160k's a day

cheers

160k a day puts u in cruiser territory almost because of the wear and tear and the riding position. Gs500 would be worth checking out. It's lams legal. Not sure what cruisers are good and LAms legal. I've only every had sports bikes and crap farms bikes.

Check out Netrider. There's a lot of threads on 'what bike should I get' incl some that ate for commuting.

160k a day puts u in cruiser territory almost because of the wear and tear and the riding position. Gs500 would be worth checking out. It's lams legal. Not sure what cruisers are good and LAms legal. I've only every had sports bikes and crap farms bikes.

Check out Netrider. There's a lot of threads on 'what bike should I get' incl some that ate for commuting.

+1 Tony.

As much as I love my sports bikes, it will hurt after riding that distance every day.

Or do you go the option of putting up with a 250 for 12 months till the R-date comes off the license, then upgrade it for whatever you want?

250's keep their retail in this market.

It's 15months min. 3 months before u can go for p's the another 12months. Well it is in Vic. Just go a 250 then upgrade IMO. Raven is right about 250 holding price.

cool thanks folks........ i am looking at a cruiser just for comfort. I was just looking at the Honda VT400. 10K new to ride for 1.5 years. Im over 25 but have to have it for min 12 months on P's plus min 3 months on L's.

Still pleant of other brands to look at. What make is a Gs500...... im new to this :)

Should have got it 2 years ago but couldnt afford it. If i get this job i will be able to afford it!

cheers

Gs500 is Suzuki but it's a sport bike. Nice seating poition though. U need to go out one weekend and sit on a heap of bikes. Ignore the sales pitch but them walk u they a few bikes. Test them all out so u know what feels right for u. Don't buy new. Buy at least 12 months old. Ur just wasting money otherwise as they severly depreciate in that first 12 months

cheers mate...... i like toe look of the GS500. sounds perfect.

I will have to go shopping i think :)

cheers

Well if you wernt so consumed with stiring shit and wasting peoples time in here....... you would know what was happening in the outside world wouldnt you

Tony, that was a bit of a low blow. Just because I am not 'up to speed' with current laws concerning learner-riders regulations doeesnt mean I'm out of touch with reality overall. ****, I could ask a dozen mates who are long-term bikers, and none of them would know the current regulations either.

While 'on topic' with bikes, CM2 can you tell me if this is good value ? It's being sold just up the road at Frazers.

http://www.buysellmotorcycles.com.au/Advan...motorcycleid=24

or no other reason than that this is an 'off topic' thread....

A cubic centimetre or cubic centimeter (symbol cm3the abbreviation cc, though widely used, is deprecated) is a commonly used unit of volume extending the derived SI-unit cubic metre and corresponds to the volume of a cube measuring 1 cm 1 cm 1 cm. One cubic centimetre corresponds to a volume of 11,000,000 of a cubic metre, or 11000 of a litre, or one millilitre; thus, 1 cm3 ≡ 1 mL. The mass of one cubic centimetre of water at 3.98 C (the temperature at which it attains its maximal density) is roughly equal to 1 gram.

Yea, get that into ya !

Back