No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense if you followed the link here, but still worthy of a no topic post.

http://youtu.be/TYD7dGcXfsU

My last post got me thinking of "Flight of the Conchords", a great TV series full of humour drier than a Nun's nasty. Some people I knew with great senses of humour just didn't get it. They are musicians and this is my favourite song from the series:

http://youtu.be/-GpTTf175aE

My young daughter came home from school and I asked her what she had learned that day, she told me they talked about God, and I asked and what does God do, she said I think he's a farmer cos he's got a hell of a lot of sheep :D

What effing idiot decided green food dye in beer on 17 March was a good idea should be shot. Had a few witha mate in the Bavarian
Bier cafe and unless you asked the beer was served green. Green Hefeweizen? FFS

Brew Forky said:
Makes sense if you followed the link here, but still worthy of a no topic post.

Brew Forky said:
My last post got me thinking of "Flight of the Conchords", a great TV series full of humour drier than a Nun's nasty. Some people I knew with great senses of humour just didn't get it. They are musicians and this is my favourite song from the series:
Not really comparable, are they? One of them is funny

If you like FOTC, get a hold of "What we do in the shadows". Another deadpan Unzud masterpiece, including both Jemaine and Rhys Darby.

Awesome NZ mocko. Gonna have to watch it again. Funny as fek the whole movie.

Fracking insurance...

Some dick pulled out (phrasing) from a red light and crashed into our car. Write-off. Insured at market value, which seemed good at the time, but now is only 3.5k.

Car ran great - but there's no way I'm buying a 2003 second hand car, so I'm left substantially out of pocket for the "new" (not new) car buy.

The one saving grace? Good thing the brewery is already built.

mofox1 said:
Car ran great - but there's no way I'm buying a 2003 second hand car
Paradox?

Anyway, you could probably pick up a nice diesel Gemini with that kind of money. They're an underrated classic in my view.

Dave70 said:
Paradox?

Anyway, you could probably pick up a nice diesel Gemini with that kind of money. They're an underrated classic in my view.
Nah - yep. ;)

Although the "no way" is probably is bit strong. Getting a newer one for the "reliable" family car, might still pick up an older one for the random solo outings.

My midlife crisis...

$_20 (8).JPG

$_20 (2).JPG

Nice one Grumpypaul!

Hope you're cherishing the second most memorable day of owning a boat...

Yesterday arvo I spent 4 hours watching 3 blokes trying to put spokes on a reconditioned Honda XL100 wheel. 1 rim, 1 hub, 36 spokes, 12 litres of beer*, 4 hand-rolled cigarettes of the local variety, Percy Sledge on the stereo (RIP) plus a slight detour to hear Star Trekkin by The Firm. It still wasn't finished when I had to leave because I couldn't stop laughing. The funniest bit was, we had the old rusty wheel to use as a template so it should have been a simple 30 minute job. My contribution was mainly helpful comments like; "Nah mate, wrong size.", "Nah mate, you've put it in the wrong way." "Jeez, you blokes are a bunch of useless twats" etc etc. I think they appreciated my support.

*I was mixing black and tans with a stout and a wheat beer because it wasn't cool enough for straight stout but it was just nice enough for a mix of heavier and lawnmower-ish type beer.

The base for my applejack - aldi cider and a bunch of raw sugar - project finished at a robust 0.960 from 1.052, around the 12% mark.
Hopefully the eisbock esque processing will smooth out its current metho / apple juice flavor profile.

Reminds me far too much of some of the rocket fuel ciders I made during my uni days...

Bloke next door has an old 'Cruiser ute that's done 1.4 million clicks. Has dual stainless stacks on it and RUM PIG written on a truck-esque panel on the bonnet. Draw to conclusions as you will, but he's given me no trouble and seems like a decent bloke.
Well he was outdone yesterday. He had a mate over with the same series ute, which had 6 x lamps across the roll bar and aerials that would make a jousting stick jealous. Next to his dog cages, he had a big sticker on the back window that was the VB logo. Then I realised: the ute had been resprayed VB GREEN. Yes, the infamous green tinny colour synonymous with bogans' cans Australia wide.
Yeeeee haaaaaa!

I'm sure there must be a website somewhere that sells these kinds of mods in kit form.
Out my way,seems to be some link between the local ag college / uni and 'Commo' utes festooned with accessories lifted directly from the Kenworth catalog.
Dual, un muffled 4" exhausts complete with flappers on a V6? Sounds just as good as you imagine it might.

Speaking of Kenworth mockups, there's a bloke near the old man's place who built both a Kenworth and Mack replica on small Nissan diesel chassis. They look awesome coming down the road, even the cops tell him so...while writing up a defect notice. They spend most of there time hidden away in a shed now. Crying shame.

Just reading through The Good Beer Week program for May 16th to 24th came across this little snippet for the Royal Mail Hotel,
Spencer street West Melbourne. (quote) Brew some beer, butcher a pig and feast on a spit roasted free range pig, fed on Saaz hops and chocolate malt grain. (end quote)
I wonder if chef will be calling the dish Chocolate Pig Saarz :D

Latest posts

Back