No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean you are having one for me, or I get one?

Because my hand is definitely empty at this office desk.

I may just have to settle this by placing some beer-filled glassware in my hand when I get home.

:beerbang:

I'm going to take the world by storm with a single hopped black rye ipa using mosaic and saison yeast. I'm a frigging genius.

Bizier said:
I'm going to take the world by storm with a black rye ipa well-hopped, strong-alcohol dark ale using mosaic and saison yeast. I'm a frigging genius.
:D

In an attempt to render my appalling handwriting more legible, I've switched to using all upper case letters, LIKE THIS.
Generally, the feedback has been positive, plus I find using all capital letters somewhat empowering.

Been doing that for years. Welcome to my world.

Liam_snorkel said:
welcome to the club.

Airgead said:
Been doing that for years. Welcome to my world.
Thanks for the warm greeting guys. Is there like a secret handshake and stuff or a annual newsletter?

no, but once you've been doing it for a few years, it becomes very hard to switch back at will.

I have always had horrendous handwriting and have switched to using upper case when writing anything for clients.

I find it a lot easier to distinguish between letters in upper case then the poor excuse of penmanship I previously called my handwriting.

I have gone as far as to strikeout my 7's, Z's and 0's, along with writing my 1's with the top and bottom lines (for lack of a better term) to help distinguish between 1's and I's.

Dave70 said:
Thanks for the warm greeting guys. Is there like a secret handshake and stuff or a annual newsletter?
Yes.. but it can only be revealed to a new member in person on receipt of a large quantity of good beer.

Edit: bugger there is an official bbcode for smallcaps but AHB doesn't recognise it.

DISCRIMINATION!!!

All these ads for the Parma United Party are making me hungry. Much to my disappointment, many people had made the joke online before me.

Question:
What if your diacetyl is restless?

I find it very hard to do lowercase letters and have to put a lot of thought into what i'm writing. Only time i do it is when writing email addresses, so not so common.

Been writing in uppercase since i left school 35 years ago.

I was told my handwriting isn't the problem, but I'm so unfocused when writing that I'd start a word slanting one way and finish it the other way. Put together a page of it and its incomprehensible. Eventually managed to match the speed of thought to the speed of hand. I only write in pencil now. Gone are the elaborate curves, straight long lines and small tight curves do the job neater and quicker.

Writing in caps, which I have to for work, is a PITA.

In my industry pretty much everyone writes upper case, 'cause that's what's on the drawings.

Have also read that those that write in uppercase are subconsciously doing it because they feel they are not heard otherwise. Makes sense from my perspective as the notes that I make on drawings are instructions and need to be read or their could be problems.

The things we learn from youtube tutorials.
I got my pool pump running again this week. That's roughly $300 saved (for now).

I've learned how to build iPhone apps from YouTube.

Haven't learned shit from the lecturer I'm paying THOUSANDS for yet though...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CeP15EAS8[/media]

Latest posts

Back