No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever finished mashing, and only then realised they hadn't milled their grains?

Anyone ever finished bottling, only to realise the priming sugar is still sitting on the bench, untouched?

No, I haven't done either, but just wonder.
There are some really clever people on this forum, so nothing would surprise me.

Anyone ever finished mashing, and only then realised they hadn't milled their grains?

Anyone ever finished bottling, only to realise the priming sugar is still sitting on the bench, untouched?

There are some really clever people on this forum, so nothing would surprise me.
I remember a few years ago someone forgot to mill their grain. Horrible efficiency if my memory serves me correctly.

hmm birthday beers (and biltong) from the kids :icon_drool2: cant wait to crack the murray's.
2012_05_02_06.31.23.jpg

I think the missus did well considering she really has no idea about craftbeer and it was from our local.

I have bottled a few stubbies before realising the carb drops were missing.
I'm sure there's plenty of "forgotten hop addition" stories too.

I'm sure there's plenty of "forgotten hop addition" stories too.

In my experience the rate at which hop additions are forgotten, or altered, is directly proportional to the amount of beer consumed during the process. :huh:

Edit: on one such occasion it was a case of hmmm, looks like I could fit another kilo of grain in there. Hmm, that went well but there is still more space, lets jam another kilo of grain in there. Turned out to be a great beer. Drinking before mashing in can affect your output product, sometimes for the better but YRMV...

In my experience the rate at which hop additions are forgotten, or altered, is directly proportional to the amount of beer consumed during the process. :huh:

Edit: on one such occasion it was a case of hmmm, looks like I could fit another kilo of grain in there. Hmm, that went well but there is still more space, lets jam another kilo of grain in there. Turned out to be a great beer. Drinking before mashing in can affect your output product, sometimes for the better but YRMV...
Main reason why I only have a couple of drinks on brewdays. (not counting group brewdays)

Just had my first and possibly last bottle of Tui's east India pale ale.

Absolute rubbish. I suspect uncle dan should take part of the blame but it's got nothing on what I had on tap north of quakechurch. Obviously, it's too delicate to travel well.

Absolute rubbish. I suspect uncle dan should take part of the blame but it's got nothing on what I had on tap north of quakechurch. Obviously, it's too delicate to travel well.
Yeah not sure if you can blame Big Uncle Dan on this one....I made a very similiar mistake almost a decade ago...couldn't be further from an IPA....

It was delicious on tap, not an IPA by a long shot but tasty in its own right.

An IPA that doesn't travel well..mmm..
I really don't know what to say about that.

My mrs actually bought home a bottle of the TUI IPA last night (from DM's) and as you say, was very underwhelming.

I rarey get beers from them anymore just because all the real hoppy PA's just all seem bland, although when had on tap, theyre incredibly drinkable.

Not to say they taste infected or anything, but very disappointing. Really need to pick up their game...

Sponge

Absolute rubbish.

Had one a very long time ago and remember it clearly because i reckon it was one of the first beers I tipped out on the grass instead of drinking

Edit: that event even predates my beer awakening (aka it was when I was a pure mega swill drinker). Pretty sure I have tried it again more recently and had the same reaction.

when i was over in NZ late last year i was told that tui is the equiv to CUB and to expect the same quality... I didnt try it.

All summer, SWMBO constantly complains about it being too hot. Now that it is winter, the heater must be on at all times so that it is 28C at 11PM. Makes perfect sense.

That's what I thought about the (Reject Shop version) Snuggie I bought her last winter. Once bitten and all that...

Back