No-rinse Sanitiser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm pretty sure (wouldnt put my house on it, but maybe a bottle of beer) that the silver is used to catalyse the degeneration of the peroxide into water and oxygen.

cheers

Lobby

Hey Lobby,

I would say the same. Maybe helps to stablise the H2O2 at room temperature? Waste of money as far as i am concerned. Silver is expensive but only makes you feel as if you are sanitising better.

If you are near to a dairy ask them if you can buy some of the sanitiser they use. Probably the most effective way (cost included) to sanitise.

Chlorine works just as well but needs "rinsing" for beer.

cheers

Darren

I was interested to find in a home brew shop a packet labeled "No Rinse" steriliser containing Sodium Percarbonate, yup bog standard nappy san etel. It states to use 25 grams in 5L as a contact steriliser and that it doesn't require rinsing but that if you rinse sterility won't be affected. Appart from the misuse of the word steriliser as this is reallay a sanitiser, does anyone disagree that this can be used as a no rinse product.

rgds mike

Napisan is a cleaner but not a sanitiser (although it would do the job at 40C+ constant temps)

cheers

Darren

Latest posts

Back