No Fizz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkMc

Reaction score
Just pitched the 2nd ever brew :D . While I was at it I stuck 1 bottle from the first brew in the fridge.

I just pulled the lid off to try it.... it was a little flat. It had been in the bottle for 6 days - I was planning to leave for at least 2 weeks, but couldn't resist.

So why was it flat? I hope its just because I am impatient?

As for the taste: a little tangy, definite home brew taste. Hopefully it will improve a little over the next few weeks.

impatient you are my friend

leave them for a minimum of 3 weeks and you will have some bubbles so to speak.
As for the taste remember things get better with age

Franko

yes just impatience. wait 3 weeks and longer in winter.

Just pitched the 2nd ever brew :D . While I was at it I stuck 1 bottle from the first brew in the fridge.

I just pulled the lid off to try it.... it was a little flat. It had been in the bottle for 6 days - I was planning to leave for at least 2 weeks, but couldn't resist.

So why was it flat? I hope its just because I am impatient?

As for the taste: a little tangy, definite home brew taste. Hopefully it will improve a little over the next few weeks.

I don't blame you mate. Everytime I walk past the cupboard in which my first brew is conditioning I want to fridge one :p . Haven't given into temptation yet because of the whole getting better with age thing.

I don't blame you mate. Everytime I walk past the cupboard in which my first brew is conditioning I want to fridge one :p . Haven't given into temptation yet because of the whole getting better with age thing.

Yeah but if you taste one now, then you will know for sure that it is better with age..... Well thats my excuse.

I intend to open one every 20 days to see how the taste aroma, appearance and taste changes... then based on these tastings I'll leave twenty or so for three months if I expect they will be decent. Well that's my plan anyway :D

hey Marc - I just did exactly the same thing. Bottled 8 days ago - opened one yesterday cause I couldn't wait. Same result as you - pretty clear - good colour but no bubbles. Tasted flat but ok. Plan to crack a few this weekend with the hope of more bubbles.
Since you bottled in December - how did they turn out? Did you drink them all or did u wait?

Latest posts

Back