No chill questions - Cube not filled

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you transferred the wort into your no chill cube at 80 degrees C then presumably the air will be sanitised on the other hand putting hot wort into HDP containers is not good either though many tests has been done regarding leaching of materials containing BPA and many manufacturers of plastics have stopped using BPA it is widely thought that the alternatives being used in place of BPA could be far worse in adverse effects of leaching cell changing chemicals and estrogenic activity.

wide eyed and legless said:
If you transferred the wort into your no chill cube at 80 degrees C then presumably the air will be sanitised on the other hand putting hot wort into HDP containers is not good either though many tests has been done regarding leaching of materials containing BPA and many manufacturers of plastics have stopped using BPA it is widely thought that the alternatives being used in place of BPA could be far worse in adverse effects of leaching cell changing chemicals and estrogenic activity.
Do you have any sources? I've always understood the HDPE containers most of us use in no-chilling to be stable enough to not leach at the temperatures we use.

There is another link which I couldn't find from the Government side (USA) which recommends not going over 78 degrees C but if you read the following link you will see that alternative compositions to BPA are being used in the manufacture of HDP and no tests have been carried out, remember that money will come before health.
But we are surrounded by unhealthy by products and you are producing a toxin which when ingested will become carcinogenic.
There is another post on this site which a discussion was held regarding plastics, including cling wrap and microwaving plastic

.http://io9.com/how-to-recognize-the-plastics-that-are-hazardous-to-you-461587850

I heard breathing air can lead to cancer..........There will always be a website slaming something....How many brewers have been "no chilling" for how long now?.....I'd be more worried about second hand smoke than "leaching" plastic stuff.

Latest posts

Back