No Affiliation...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Hi all,

as some of you know I often stumble into Jacks (cnr Drummond and Sturt streets) half cut when my gf and I go out for tea....

There is a young dude who works in there with a genuine interest in beer and I am always getting into him about their stocks...

Anyway, cut a long story short - they have a new delivery in, I can't remember them all, but there are plenty of English ales (including some brown glassed bottles of Old Peculier).

I raved at them about Sierra Nevada a few weeks ago and now they have some SN....Heffeweizen... meh. I told them to get the stout and pale ale but the big boss obviously likes wanky names over basic ones...

Still...I got one of each of the above as well as a Sneck Lifter, plus there are about 5 other English ales there that I can't remember the names of....some of which I've had and some that are new to me.

Anyway, if you are interested in a range of small name English ales at a price comparable to Dans then get ye up there...

Cheers all....

...and there are only 4 or 5 Old Peculiars left....so be quick as I'll e grabbing at least two more this weekend... yummers!

Well, bugger me! My mate Steve has just texted me that he has just scored a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ....AND .. a slab of Torpedo X IPA ,,,,,,,,from Dans in Bendigo...root!

Well, bugger me! My mate Steve has just texted me that he has just scored a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ....AND .. a slab of Torpedo X IPA ,,,,,,,,from Dans in Bendigo...root!

Nice one!!! Our Dans is a bit lacking I'm afraid....even when they get the good brands in they get their most boring beers....

Nice one!!! Our Dans is a bit lacking I'm afraid....even when they get the good brands in they get their most boring beers....

my Dan's in coburg has just got in The Pale Ale, Torpedo IPA and the Hef. Ive had all but the Hef before but I still got one of each.

Got some English beers from there before, once the guy sold me a beer he claimed was from a brewery owned by Prince
Charles, was a nice ale! Nice to know they're trying to expand the range. I try to go there rather than anything belonging to the "big two" ie BWS, Dans, etc.

Dan's is evil I reckon :angry:

Got some English beers from there before, once the guy sold me a beer he claimed was from a brewery owned by Prince
Charles, was a nice ale! Nice to know they're trying to expand the range. I try to go there rather than anything belonging to the "big two" ie BWS, Dans, etc.

Dan's is evil I reckon :angry:

I would suggest that the guy(s) in there know more about selling the product than they know about the product itself haha - but it is kind of nice to go somewhere that actually listens to a punter (guessing they make most of their money from wine) - and if you engage the younger dude in convo about beer and what they should be getting in -he listens! Just a pity (for my taste buds) that they finally got Sierra Nevada but only the Heffe. It was very nice, I enjoyed it, but I really wanted to try something else from SN brewery given that they have a constant supply of almost everything produced by Weihenstephan to keep the wheat lovers happy.

Still - it is Ballarat and they are running a business so I guess I should be grateful with whatever I can get within walking distance of picking up tea haha.

Latest posts

Back