Nickb's Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Morning all!

So, this past weekend I got busy. (Not in that way Chappo!)

After finishing off this project

Chooks.jpg

I moved on to something much more important, my bar!

My house has a sloping block, which apart from meaning I'll never have flooding problems, also means I can fit a chest freezer for my kegs downstairs under the deck. This works out well, as we also have a large entertaining deck on the side of the house. I also hate walking downstairs for a beer, so this project was born.

So, with my tools in hand, I knocked up this...
Frame_Front.jpg

Frame_LHS_view.jpg

Then the bar top

Bar_Top.jpg

And all slapped together with the font in place

Top_and_Font_Angle_Left.jpg

And this will be the view from the pouring position

View_from_Bar.jpg

Next is to get some blue corrugated iron sheeting for the front and sides, plus install the drip tray, and then bolt the bar into position. I also need to complete the collar for the freezer, get the lines plumbed in, and set up a small pump in the freezer to recirculate cold water as the font is flooded.

Oh, and an upgrade to the taps is on the cards too :)

Will keep you posted with the progress!!

Cheers and Beers!

Attachments

• Complete_long_shot.jpg
    Complete_long_shot.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Desi_Helping.jpg
    Desi_Helping.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Frame_left_long.jpg
    Frame_left_long.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Top_and_Font_front.jpg
    Top_and_Font_front.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 35
Looks great Nick, that'll make it more comfortable for me when I'm working a Tarong later this year. :lol:

Batz

Bloody showoff. Good too see the brewing assistant included.

looks like it will be great Nick with a great view to enjoy with it.

Cheers
Gavo.

Looks Great Nick,

Can't wait to test it out for ya... :lol:

PB

Looks great Nick, that'll make it more comfortable for me when I'm working a Tarong later this year. :lol:

Batz

Looks great Nick, what are the plans for below the bar.

Batz, hope he cleans up the mat before you arrive, surely he wouldn't expect you to sleep on it in that condition :lol:

Screwy

Puff... Puff...Pant...

Just shoved the wife (draws breath!)... and kiddies into the car! We are on our way Nick! We needed something to do today!!!

Looks friggin' awesome mate! Well done! Love the chooky bum nut factory as well, very nice.

Wow nice view too certainly would soothe the nerves with a cold Schporter in the hand BTW Nick.

Love

The Chappo's

Looking good young Nick. :super: I see you plan to bring the beer upstairs ala Brucey?
When's the big day? :party: Hurry up! I'm not getting any younger. :p

TP

The corrugated iron cladding will set that off nicely. Looks really good so far.

Storage for beer steins or other underneath? :icon_cheers:

Hmmm, didn't think of the storage space thing. Will most likely need to build another cabinet anyhow as the stereo amp, and computer will need a home, so may incorporate that into it!

Initially had the idea of putting a small bar fridge underneath for when I acquire a beer engine, but there's not enough room for that, so will have a re-think!

It's all go though! Especially when it only took me a day to get to this point.

Will be working on the finishing touches to the coop today, then onto the bar :)

Cheers!

finished yet?
photos or it didn't happen.
(or are you waiting for "home" :icon_vomit: to get no.1)

ps - does look good, what took so long?

Stainless top?
You'll need a couple of squatters chairs as well :)
I might have a lead on a bar fridge for you as well (I'll see if my shakey recollections from last nite are correct) :rolleyes:

Nice work Bro. It needs a cider hooked up to one of the taps... :D

Morning all!
My house has a sloping block, which apart from meaning I'll never have flooding problems
View attachment 35153

Cheers and Beers!

Yeah and aren't they a right ******* when you want to build something on them like a shed or a house.

Nice going there Nick I like to do a bit of carpentering myself and do a reasonable job. (looks at ground and shuffles feet) :unsure: Looking forward to see the finished job I need inspiration and I need a bar.

cheers
BN

Ok, finally got the drip tray ordered and installed. Just have to silicone it into place!

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Some MiniOrb coming (in blue) to cover the woodwork shortly, then it's finding the best spot to bolt it down and get it plumbed in and running.... Oh, and I need to build the collar for the freezer, and find a suitable vessel for the glycol reservoir!

Cheers

Great work Nick - saw your thread for the Octoberfest Swap in Kingaroy. Can't wait! :p

Have just added the update and the final product to the "kegging setups" thread HERE

Latest posts

Back