Nice Brewmate Feature

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Up to now, to get a hard copy of a recipe I've exported to text file and get a plain jane sheet like this which I put in my brewing folder:

BABBs experimental beer
Blonde Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 5.000
Total Hops (g): 40.70
Original Gravity (OG): 1.051 (P): 12.6
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.01 %
Colour (SRM): 4.9 (EBC): 9.7
Bitterness (IBU): 39.6 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 74
Boil Time (Minutes): 75

Grain Bill
----------------
4.750 kg Pale Malt Perle Bairds (95%)
0.250 kg Wheat Malt (5%)

Hop Bill
----------------
10.0 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
10.0 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
20.7 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.9 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
4.6 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) @ 0 Minutes (Mash)
4.6 g BrewBright @ 0 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 64C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 20C with Wyeast 1056 - American Ale

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Quite functional. However whilst I was having problems with Brewmate (my own making, I'd entered an ingredient wrongly in the database) I was in the Brewmate directory and clicked on one of the XML files to see what would happen, and it opened a browser window with a nice little sheet that you can print out straight from the window. Noice.
I expect a lot of guys are aware of this feature, but first I knew of it.
Looks nice in the beer log book/folder:

Brewmate_XML_printout.JPG

Up to now, to get a hard copy of a recipe I've exported to text file and get a plain jane sheet like this which I put in my brewing folder:

BABBs experimental beer
Blonde Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 5.000
Total Hops (g): 40.70
Original Gravity (OG): 1.051 (P): 12.6
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.01 %
Colour (SRM): 4.9 (EBC): 9.7
Bitterness (IBU): 39.6 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 74
Boil Time (Minutes): 75

Grain Bill
----------------
4.750 kg Pale Malt Perle Bairds (95%)
0.250 kg Wheat Malt (5%)

Hop Bill
----------------
10.0 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
10.0 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
20.7 g 013 Hops Aus Leaf (14.1% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.9 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
4.6 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) @ 0 Minutes (Mash)
4.6 g BrewBright @ 0 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 64C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 20C with Wyeast 1056 - American Ale

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Quite functional. However whilst I was having problems with Brewmate (my own making, I'd entered an ingredient wrongly in the database) I was in the Brewmate directory and clicked on one of the XML files to see what would happen, and it opened a browser window with a nice little sheet that you can print out straight from the window. Noice.
I expect a lot of guys are aware of this feature, but first I knew of it.
Looks nice in the beer log book/folder:

View attachment 50550

Yeh just done it and it looks very good.

Thans for that.

I print them out to place my grain and hops order with G&G over the phone. And have put them in one of those document presentation folders inside clear sleeves and then added notes to them about my brew including final taste etc for reference.

Its a great idea.

So do you need to publish the recipe for it to be shown like this or is there another way?

So do you need to publish the recipe for it to be shown like this or is there another way?

Looks like you just need to find the specific .xml file for your recipe in the BrewMate folder on your hard drive and double click it. As Bribie says, it opens in a new browser window. No publishing necessary ;o)

I've PMd randyrob to ask if it's possible for him to include it as a menu item within BrewMate itself so we can print the pretty page straight out of the main screen, as opposed to accessing the XML file externally.

Never heard of brewmate. Is it Australian? Any advantages over Beersmith & promash (other than the price)?
Never took you for a Troll, PH :eek:

Mind you, Dijabrigabeeralong is possibly a bit off the beaten track :p

Tidy as ever Bribie. Since using brewmate I haven't updated my brewbook, think this'll be the way I go to get a tidy it up. Cheers.

Looks like you just need to find the specific .xml file for your recipe in the BrewMate folder on your hard drive and double click it. As Bribie says, it opens in a new browser window. No publishing necessary ;o)
Hmmm, when I do that it comes up with just the text across the top of the page, I will keep trying.

Mine comes up by default in IE although I don't use IE, just Firefox or Opera - do you have IE disabled / uninstalled?

It comes up in IE but in the web address bar has a c: drive location and just has the text.

Never took you for a Troll, PH :eek:

Mind you, Dijabrigabeeralong is possibly a bit off the beaten track :p

I seriously wasnt trolling! :p Unfortunately I don't have the time to go on AHB as much these days (new job & new house) so I'm no doubt a bit out of the loop on a few things, I certainly never heard it discussed on here a couple of years ago....

How long has it been around?

It comes up in IE but in the web address bar has a c: drive location and just has the text.

im getting the same thing, not getting the great looking page others are getting??

Thanks bribie, thats great, looks way easier to read than the standard print out i've been working off

Would love to do this, but being a computer n00b i don't know how to get to the 'directory'. Please assist.

On my Windows 7 compootee, if I have the horizontal preview pane active, when I look through the recipe folder it automatically appears in this format. Which is great for reviewing pre-determined recipes without opwning Brewmate, which quite frankly I find a bit of an arse at times.

Back