Newbie from Moorabbin, VIC

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leyther

Reaction score
Hello All,

just joined up, put my first brew on last week, just extract stuff at the moment, Single Hop Ella IPA, very excited about this new hobby. I tend to favour Pales and IPA's as my preferred styles but looking forward to trying some new stuff with my own brews.

Anyways look forward to chatting with you all.

I'm a regular at the Grape and Grain in Moorabbin which has to be one of the best craft bottle shops around so if any locals perhaps we could meet up for a chat and a beer in there sometime.

Welcome Leyther! Good luck with your brew mate. Share what you learn, heaps of us still green enough to learn a thing or two. I'll speak for myself.
Never used Ella myself - don't know I've seen it in an IPA by itself so keen to see how it goes.
Cheers mate
Brewnicorn

Brewnicorn said:
Welcome Leyther! Good luck with your brew mate. Share what you learn, heaps of us still green enough to learn a thing or two. I'll speak for myself.
Never used Ella myself - don't know I've seen it in an IPA by itself so keen to see how it goes.
Cheers mate
Brewnicorn
Hi mate,

kegged up a couple of days ago, not fully carbonated yet but I'm very happy with it, came out very nice colour, nice IPA bitterness, not overly floral/fruity, well balanced and very, very quaffable!! Will go a treat on a stinking hot day.

If I brewed again I would probably dry hop with more volume or add something with a bit more aroma, Mosaic or Galaxy perhaps.

Awesome man. I need to get into this legging game soon. I have a heap of questions. And I don't know I need the answers cos cleaning bottles is such a bitch.

Mardoo said:
Good on you Leyther. Brewing is a hell of an interesting thing to get into. Clever Brewing is located in Moorabbin if you're looking for a good brew shop. Their presence is mostly online, but you can go in there to pick up goods, by arrangement. Martin, who runs the place, knows a hell of a lot about brewing and won't lead you astray with dodgy advice.
Got my kegs setup from them last week, Martin it was, he did give me some advise about force carbing, basically said dont rush it you'll ruin the beer, its about 200m from my place so very handy!!

Good club, and good advice from Manticle.

All force carbing requires is patience. You can carb quickly if you have to, and I have, but you do get a smaller bubble that gives a silkier mouthfeel if you can wait for a couple weeks. Once you get a few kegs going it's easy to have a couple ready, and a couple carbing.

BTW, no affiliation on either Clever or club.

Back