New to kegging - question about gas leaks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottle is years old, but it's freshly mixed.
Yep that makes sense. I thought you meant the mixed up solution was years old hahaha. The bottle should be fine. You can check the PH or get a new bottle for like $15 if it gives you peace of mind.

Yeah might be time for a new bottle. Last time I bought the biggest one I could find before reading the instructions and doing the maths on how little I would use haha. It seems to still be working fine, but it's well past its stated shelf life. Anyway, sorry for de-railing thread.

I always leave starsan in my keg jumper lines etc and havent had an issue. Now I'm not sure whether to be more worried about the fittings failing or that my starsan is no longer effective haha (it is quite a few years old).

Yeah, you're not gonna get much evaporation through the lines...if you leave them full of Starsan, they'll still be full of starsan when you get back. That's not so much a problem.

The common manifestation of this issue is what was being talked about earlier - using a spray bottle to check for leaks. If you don't thoroughly rinse afterwards, the deposits that get left behind on the fitting as the starsan evaporates will eat through the fitting.

Back