New Location New Lhbs Needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnheiderich

Reaction score
Ok have moved to Brissy North side any reccomendations for a LHBS to go and have a look at. I will obviously need to go and see the Ross set up one day but, where do you Brissy North guys go any reccomendations. Or do I grab the local yellow pages.. I am new ish to AG so I would like grains (25kg sacks) a good variety of hops and all of the other bits and bobs and of course good prices.

Ta :)

Shawn

For what you've listed that you'd be looking for Craftbrewer would supply all your needs, without you having to drive anywhere.

BTW Brissy North Side as a location could be a little bit more accurate, i.e. a specific suburb name ;)

Ta yep point taken it is a large expance up here .. Eatons Hill is me which is close to Strathpine. Sort of travel towards Enoggera for work so any where in between would be good. Not the best net shopper so for the time being would like to get out and explore the surounds a bit.

Shawn

Thanks Kram. I now remember they had a write up in this weeks local paper, I will give them a look.

Ta

Shawn

Brewers Choice at Enoggera would be a good start.

I agree these folk are the best choice on the north side. I pick up bits and pieces from there when needed at last minute but the bulk goes through Ross. The courier rates for brissy are pretty cheap through craftbrewer as well.

Ok have moved to Brissy North side any reccomendations for a LHBS to go and have a look at. I will obviously need to go and see the Ross set up one day but, where do you Brissy North guys go any reccomendations. Or do I grab the local yellow pages.. I am new ish to AG so I would like grains (25kg sacks) a good variety of hops and all of the other bits and bobs and of course good prices.

Ta :)

Shawn

Hi shawn The HBS Ive been to on the north side have little in the way of grain The guy at Strathpine said he wont keep it because of vermin and not enough demand. Oasis on Gympie Rd have a small selection of crystal, specialty ect in small packaging maybe 1kg biggest and Morayfield is owned /operated same as Strathpine. As far as hops go they all carry a half doz to ten varieties mostly pellets but I saw some cones at Oasis on Wednesday only POR I think. No flowers seen at any. Probably best to order through Ross and if you need something in the mean time best to ring around before travelling. Not much help I know. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Back