New, Indispensable Equipment For Every Home Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
Hi fellahs,

Someone mentioned this on another forum I frequent; I'm flabbergasted.

1 gallon, 1 week, fermented and carbonated at the same time. This seriously can't taste good...

Presenting the Onederbrew http://www.onederbrew.com/

Haha is it a joke?

The Onederbrew is a simple one step home beer brewing system. It brews one gallon of beer in the microwave and then ferments and carbonates beer simultaneously and then chills and dispenses beer all from the same container.

onederbrewexplodedmarkedincluded1.jpg

Good find :)

Eliminates the whole house smell associated with home brewing.
Well, you can count me out right there.

My house will be smelling gorgeous this weekend - Galaxy & Nelson Sauvin FTW!

Doesn't say what ingredients you add, and I'm not sure I want to know. I don't think I've ever considered a microwave to be a part of a brewery... and I never want to.

The gold is in the video, linked at the top of the page. He makes what looks like 1/5th a can of Coopers Wheat. The guy looks serious as hell. I couldn't believe it, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I hardly use a microwave to cook let alone brew!

From the description it's just an over engineered OzTops.

Andrew

we could have a whole thread knocking this, however one should also appreciate the innovation that home brewers have.

it is not my preferred solution but it certainly has provoked me to think about how I do things, how things are usually done, and what else can be done.

someone out there, maybe many people, might get into brewing because of this, and i think that's a good thing. even if they start brewing by making crap beer, because, lets face it, everyone's first beer is crap*.

*usually

This is seriously going to piss off the BIAB'ers. I mean, the no chillers. I mean no spargers, the no boilers, the ferm in a dunny'ers.. :ph34r: !

I'd love to see this product actually gain traction with a moderate following, then watch guys start cutting corners...

"NR: No Ring.. nah, can't be bothered with the tightening wrench (and I'm happy with my beer, so why does it matter)?"
"NS: Life's too short to One Step. We No Step."
Ad infinitum.

reVox

I just love those ad's that try and drive home all the good points but never tell you the most important one "price"
until they want your credit card details.

:rolleyes:

Onederbrew website said:
For pre-orders, we do not know when these will start shipping, but we are anticipating getting out at least 1,000 before Christmas.

I wonder which Christmas they are referring to?

Might be useful to make yeast starters in, 1 gallon for a strong lager would be about right :)

so, what do you do with the other 4/5 of malt while you finish the first brew - or do you just get 5 of the things :D

we could have a whole thread knocking this, however one should also appreciate the innovation that home brewers have.

it is not my preferred solution but it certainly has provoked me to think about how I do things, how things are usually done, and what else can be done.

someone out there, maybe many people, might get into brewing because of this, and i think that's a good thing. even if they start brewing by making crap beer, because, lets face it, everyone's first beer is crap*.

*usually

There's a counterpoint to that. The beer may be so sheizen (sheizen weizen) that they get put off homebrewing forever.

Obviously I haven't tried this unit so the validity of my opinion is limited. It looks awful though (I'm not a fan of microwaves or shortcuts). To me BIAB and no chill are not shortcuts by the way. BIAB is the same basic principle as tun mashing - convert starches, extract sugars, make wort. No chill is just a way of separating the steps over a longer period of time.

You can make beef stock in minutes too but I've never tasted one that was a patch on a proper one that takes 24+ hours.

The idea could work for my setup,

Im restricted to 10 litres with my setup, and this would be great if it was that size

The idea could work for my setup,

Im restricted to 10 litres with my setup, and this would be great if it was that size

I'd suggest you're better off with Nick's method of small volume biab or doing small extract batches.

Nonetheless, if you try it, let everyone know how it goes.

In the video he probably could have skipped the microwave step since he is using a kit and isn't adding hops (maybe he likes beer with no hop character).

If doing any brew that needs a boil (extract, partial, ag/biab), boiling in the microwave would be one of the most efficient methods of achieving a boil. However since the batch is much larger than most 'tupperware' containers or the volume capacity of the microwave, its difficult to get it in the microwave.

I reckon it would be like drinking mud. Just look at how much Trub is left in the bottom of your fermenter after you bottle off the clearer stuff and you still get sediment in your bottles unless you filter, or keg, carbonate then bottle. I think I will pass on that one thanks. :icon_vomit:

Poms have had similar but more sophisticated systems for yonks:

The brewizer

Yes and I would need to have five or six of them in parallel :icon_drunk:

butters here:
My downes syndrome cousin has more sense in his foreskin than the guy that thinks this would make good beer......

OMFG, some ppl just give me the $hits even more than scruffys' chilli sauce.

Latest posts

Back